Hi. So, my girlfriend is very very sick, and I unfortunately am in a different state for the time being. I'm trying to convince her to get her friend to take her to the doc, but she keeps saying she'll go later. She says everything hurts and that it's way to cold outside of being in bed. She went for a walk yesterday when it was raining, and I was wonder if this may have caused it. But everything showed up so quickly. I talked to her on the phone last night, and just a couple of hours later, her throat suddenly became swollen and started bleeding. It made it worse when she talked. As I said earlier, she's weak, and doesn't want to get out of bed. Her breathing is shallow. It's caused her to not be able to sleep for most of the night. She hasn't yet had her tonsils removed, but this seems a little more serious than what I read about the symptoms of some kind of tonsil infection, though, I'm not a doctor, so I don't really know. I'm still trying to convince her to get a friend to take her to the doctor. But, meanwhile, can anybody help..??

This definitely sounds like some very bad case of infection and you really shouldn't wait much and "talk" about seeing a doctor, but do it, especially if it came to the point that her throat is bleeding. Does she have fever? Is there any change in your girlfriend's condition? It definitely does sound serious and I think that there isn't much choice but to see a doctor, I know its hard to do anything when you are this ill, but what else she can do, than to see a doctor?