I get suddenly short of breath for just a couple of minutes then my whole body gets very warm or almost hot. Then my arms and legs feel tired followed by feeling sick. Usually goes away after a couple hours. I've had thyroid problems but now no longer on meds because my levels are normal. 32 years old and in shape.

Health Advisor

Hello, Friendlyghost (should I call you Casper ).

I believe you don't have any anxiety disorder? Because, the first thing on my mind after hearing that someone suddenly lost breath is panic attack. 

Other most common thing is anemia. A sister of mine had it in her teenage years. Anemia also has been followed by sudden loss of breathing, pain in body parts and sickness. As I recall, anemia are often following hypothyroidism. As it is known to, anemia means that body is in shortage of iron and red blood cells which transports oxygen.

I recommend you to go to the doctor to check that out. Maybe it's only mentally, but you can never be sure until some specialist examines you.

Thank you. That makes a lot of sense. I had hypothyroidism and that would explain why I got these alot right before I was taken off the meds. It had not happened for a long time and yesterday I had it happen again. I'll get looked at and let everyone know for sure. Thanks again.