I get a very sudden numbness and heavyness in my arms and shoulders. stops me in my tracks. can not do any thing until it goes away. It last about a minuet happens about once a weeknd .

Hi, sounds similar to what I had last monday afternoon, whilst sitting in the office, and again this morning. No idea what it is but would like to know if you had any further info on iyour issue. Thanks

Yes I have this as well. I have had it happen numerous times over the last year. My wife is now convinced something is wrong and need to see a physician. Anyone have any information on this condition??

I have the same thing going on. It would be a great relief to know what is causing this disorder. I have spoken to my chiropractor as well as my GP and have not got any answers.

did you ever get an answer why?

omg... i just googled sudden numbness in shoulders and arms... shocked to find so many other and no answers... hmm... im gonna have to do some more searching.. i spose seeing a doctor would help.

Wow...I've had this for the last couple months, and it's getting steadily more intense.  Scared the daylights out of me...thought I was having a heart attack or something.  Has anyone got any answers yet?  I would sure love to hear from you.  Thanks.

I have been getting this strange sensation too! Comes on suddenly, starts in my shoulders and moves down my arms. As you say, it lasts about a minute.The best way I can describe it is, its like you feel after you have had pins and needles.Feels like the blood is draining away.

first signs of a stroke , when it happens to me I swing my arms around , to increase the circulation.

Very good description!! I had it happen twice today and does feel like blood is draining away or pooling! Scary sensation. Is this early signs of stroke??

myself & my 25 yr old daughter are having the same thing!! its pretty scary!! i just googled to see what it could be!!

Has anyone received a diagnosis? I have had the same thing happen to me sporadically over the last year or longer. It doesn't happen very often, but DEFINITELY does stop me in my tracks. It's so overwhelming that in the moment, I'm not really sure what is going to happen. I just know that I can't move until it is over. very scary.