Hello, there. My son has experienced a sudden teenage growth lately. I know this is normal since he is 14, but he is feeling pain all over his body. I would like to know what this is. Can anyone help me with this? I would really appreciate all your honest replies.

Hello to you too. Well, this is quite normal for teenagers. Their organs do not grow simultaneously. It can happen that certain organs grow, others don’t. This can lead to hypotension and one can feel weak. Some of them even can’t stand on their feet. However, I would suggest you to visit a pediatrician. Perhaps, he has some joint pains. It would be better that pediatrician exclude some more serious causes of this. I hope I’ve helped.

Well,
this thing is usually caused by some hormonal problems in his body. The fact that he is growing too fast is indicated by the problems with growth hormone from the pituitary gland. I think that pituitary gland is responsible for this hormone. The pain is not a good sign and my suggestion would be to see a doctor and to test his blood to see what is wrong in his body. Did he have any bruises or burst vessels on his body? Has he changed anything in his diet in past several weeks? It is hard to know what is the main reason behind this without any tests done at the hospital. I hope this helped a bit.

Good luck,
Karel