Hi, I have sick scapula because I’m a thrower in baseball, and this is like a professional disorder in baseball. Often I have problem and need to take rehabilitation. Is there any surgery that could solve the problem permanently?

Hi, my brother is also a thrower in baseball and because of the repetitive use of the shoulder some changes may occur. Generally, they have increased chance for injury. Another condition contributing to the sick scapula syndrome is tightness of the shoulder capsule on the back portion (posterior) of the shoulder. The athlete with this syndrome will hold the affected shoulder lower than the other and also rotated forward. Some exercises based on stretching of posterior capsule (behind the shoulder) and strengthening the scapular rotator muscles may be usefull, you can practice these exercises on your own , but some request help of a trained therapist. Surgery should be considered only in case of severe injury or disfunction of scapula.

Hello.
i play Handball and i want the same problem (sick scapula syndrome) but without pain. (right shoulder is down than the left)
Do you have some document for distention rehabilitation

Thank u anyway!

Vagelis
Athens - Greece

Hi, I was just diagnosed last month with duel sick scapula. This is after years of being miss read by 7 previous ortho's at the VA. I had multiple reconstruction surgeries in the military. What are the surgical options? I do not want to agonize for the 9th time of shoulder rehab just to be told again that it didn't work and they will have to cut again. For once I would like for them to get it right the first time.