Hello. In three days, my beautiful niece, Sarah has her birthday party. She is six years old. I am planning to buy a dog for her, because I know that she really loves them. Now, I have told this to her mom, my sister, and she was surprised, but she knows that she needs to accept this. She told me that I will help her to take care of her – Siberian Huskie, one year and three months. She wants to know what is the best canned food for puppies. I have some answers and some advices, but I want to hear your opinion and your experience.

Thank you!  

That is so adorable. She is really one amazing, cute puppy :) There are a lot of canned food for puppies on the market. Trust me, I have tried a lot of them. A tons of them. They are pretty much the same, but of course, there is the main difference that you can learn only with experience. For example, I prefer to give Merrick puppy plate to my puppies. The ingredients are turkey, duck, chicken, carrots, sweet potatoes, green peas and apples. I usually keep it in the fridge, because I buy a lot of it :) It is good, my choice.

I am not really sure I understood your question. Are you buying her a Siberian Husky or they already have one and you are buying them another puppy?You need to find food that is adequate and that will meet his nutritional needs. And different dogs have different needs.

If you are searching for some quality brand for dog food I would recommend you to try Castor & Pollux.  I’ve been buying it for my dog for a while now and he loves it.

Even better would be if you could find time and money to prepare dog food on your own. Just keep in mind that the food must consist all required vitamins, minerals, proteins etc. 

I assume that DS991 is buying another puppy for the girl since a dog that is over one year old cannot really be considered a puppy. And also I don’t think that anyone would choose Siberian Husky for a 6 year old girl, since huskies are not so easy to handle.

And since we are talking about a little puppy, I would recommend you to opt for super premium food. I usually buy Wellness, you probably already heard about this company. They are most popular and recognizable pet food manufacturers. I’ve heard that they use only high quality ingredients in their formulas.

One year old dog is not a puppy. Now, I don’t know do you talk about two dogs, one is one year old and the other one is three months old. I believe that your “gift” is three months old. I agree that they are hard to handle, but since three of them are going to take care of that dog, and that is a wish of this little girl, I believe that this won’t be that hard.

On topic, I think that you should consider to buy a blue buffalo homestyle recipe dinner canned dog food or even natural balance limited ingredient diets vension and sweet potato formula. 

Hey. Sorry for misunderstanding. The puppy is 3 months old, and I do know that they are hard to handle, but my sister and her husband will take care very well of this puppy.

I went to the pet shop today, and they told me that there are a lot of different food. But, they told me that I should try with Nutro Max chicken meal and rice. According to their words, this is good, because the dog will get everything that he needs – protein, crude fat, crude fiber, vitamins, and mineral – everything that will keep the dog healthy.

Do you have experience with this? 

I just asked my friend, she has this dog, and she told me that this is totally ok. Now, since that dog is small, you need to feed him right until the start. You need to take care that he is not overweight, or underweight as well. The best thing that you can do is to consult your vet, because they know the best, what is the best food for the puppy. In the pet shops they do know a lot of information as well, but they can’t help you that much.

Good luck with the puppy – to all of you :)

I am giving "Weruva Human Style Bed and Breakfast" to my corgi. It had great reviews online and was available in the nearest pet shop, so I didn't hesitate to try it out. It isn't pricey so I can afford it. It costs around 4,5-5$ for a can.

This canned food has nice smell and look and has meat as a main ingredient (chicken, to be precise) followed by whole foods like vegetables and eggs. And, the best part is that Weruva is recall-free (which boosts its rating on the review sites).I'm completely satisfied with Weruva and have only words of praise for it.