Hi everyone, Im on week 9 now after having a bunion removed from my left foot & although the scar has healed well & im pain free at the operation site, can anyone tell me if its normal to feel really bad pain on the ball of my foot when trying to stand on tiptoes or lifting my heel off the floor when my foot is flat? The left foot is also very swollen despite taking DICLOFENIC 50MG 2 or 3 times daily & i suspect this is more to do with fluid retention rather than inflammation. The big toe is partly stiff at the base due to having a screw inserted there, so when i walk, it feels like my body weight is directly under my other 4 toes, which is causing considerable pain to the ball of my foot! My surgeon does'nt appear concerned about this problem and has told me that the swelling will go down in time so im trying to give him the benefit of the doubt at the moment... Any feedback would be very much appreciated, Thank You xx

joanieb

It is still early days even after 9 weeks.   I was told 3 - 4 months for healing but on my final appointment the registrar explained total recovery can be longer,  6-12 months depending on the person...This is for all swelling to go down as well.
Swelling takes a long time , mine was a good year for my bunion.  It would go down overnight and back after walking around for a while.

The ball of the foot would still be painful standing on tip toes....especially if a little of the toe socket was removed and the toe pushed down a bit. The srew area would be a bit stiff i imagine.

Mine was done about three years ago and if I run upstairs without shoes it sometimes clicks.....Try not to do "tip-toe ing"

When indoors take the weight off a bit by walking on the heel. This bit of advice came from the consultant. Hope this helps...

MaureenS, Thanks for those words, they helped reassure me! I rang the hospital today about my concerns and im hopefully going to see my surgeon again on thursday morning.