My friend is staying with me and is feeling really ill and dizzy, his hands and feet are swollen, his neck is swollen and so is his face. His glands and lymph nodes are really swollen. He is really fatigued and has a sore throat. mostly it sounds like Flu symptoms apart from the swelling so can anyone help with an accurate diagnosis, he had his tonsils removed so it isn't tonsillitis.
I gave him co-codamol 30mg/500mg and ibuprofen 600mg tabs, he feels a little better but the swelling hasn't gone down much at all.
Please help?
thanks
x

Hi! I'm not a doctor so I can't give him an accurate diagnosis, I doubt that any doctor could give him diagnosis without a close examination. His swelling could be caused by some kind of infection or lymphatic obstruction, but only a doctor can tell that for sure. The main symptom of lymphatic obstruction is persistent swelling, usually of the arm or leg, so that may be it. If that's the case it can be solved with manual lymph drainage. I know that since my ex roommate was studding physical therapy so she was preforming this massage on me a couple of times, it helps the lymph fluid drain through the proper channels. I hope he'll get better soon.

cyanide how is your friend doing? I have all the same symptoms...