A week ago I thought I had gotten my period so I used a tampon and then promptly forgot about. I think I left the tampon in for about two days (Eee, I know! So bad) and today my labia is swollen and itchy. Will this go away on its own or should I consult a doctor?

Two days?!?! How didn’t you notice it was still there, I wonder. Of course you now have problems in your genital area. Well, if the redness and itch don’t go away, you must go for the check up. Two days is a long time that one tampon stayed inside of you. I guess you could have got some infection or something so I think the doctor could recognize if there is something wrong or it’s just the inflammation that would go away in a few days. However, I wouldn’t suggest you to use tampons before you get your period, this could only make you troubles. There are always these mini pads you can stick onto your panties, they are totally invisible but would be of help when you get the first spot of blood. This is something you can’t forget to remove 