i'm 15. and lost my virginity at 13. i've had sex with two guys who were both a virgin before i had sex with them.
my new boyfriend and i haven't messed around in about a month or 2 because last time we did the condom broke after having sex and thought i was pregnant and found out i wasn't because it was 2 months ago. i've had my period twice after that.
the second time i have my period i notice its really heavy so i tell my mom to get me new tampons [she thinks i'm a virgin still fyi] usually i use regular playtex gentle glide sport. so she gets me kotex regular, which are a little bigger. actually. a lot bigger and i hated using it.
i only wore one of them and i was basically off my period.
after taking out the kotex i notice that i'm sore and very itchy,
it's been about 4 days? sense i've worn one of these tampons and am very itchy.
i try my hardest not to itch it but this previous night i did because it was very unbearable and when i went to take a shower about 2 minutes later i am very swollen and it feels nasty to have to wash it and i don't see it going down much.
i don't want to tell my mom because i couldn't imagine telling her i'm not a virgin.
please, someone help me. i'm basically crying everynight.

Have you ever had these symptoms before? Do you have any discharge? Sounds like a case of Candidiasis (yeast infection)-- I suggest you visit your doc and have her take a look and prescribe you fluconazole just one pill will do the job, I'd recommend that rather than you self medicating with over the counter products, since we don't really have a clear medical and sexual history and can't judge just by two minor symptoms that may coincide with a host of other medical problems... You have to go see your gyn. anyhow once you become sexually active, now seems as good a time as any. I doubt your mom can help you, further, if she is purchasing tampons for you, it might already be an indication she knows you aren't a virgin? Many virgins, not all but many have an intact virginal hymen and prefer to use pads over tampons since they might find tampons anything from painful to uncomfortable...

peace

i wouldnt freak out... this could be a lot of things... like if the tampons you are used are scented or even if you're using scented body wash like from bath and body or something... you could very easily have a urinary tract infection, a yeast infection, which you should watch for both becuse if not treated they can turn into a kidney infection... or you just have sensitive skin and those tampons irritated you.... some signs for a UTI and a Yeast infection could be burning when you pee, discomfort in that area, body feeling weak, if you start peeing a little blood get to your doctor right away, and make sure youre drinking lots of water and cranberry juice to help flush your system

this is exactly what just happened to me, and im really scared.. im 16 and i dont know what i should do..
im going to see if the swelling goes down by the end of today and if not go visit my doctor
but the same thing happened to me i took out my tampon, jumped in the shower and when i came out my labia and clitirous was extremley swollen, double its normal size and really itchy.
immmm scareddd:|

Girls, it's those damn tampons. Please read the side of the box and make sure you don't use anything with Propylene Glycol in it. They say they add it for absorbency, but it's just as bad as fragranced tampons. When, oh when will these men marketers STOP abusing out private parts with their horrible products!!!! even tampons like tampax started adding this in 2006 or 2007 so your old product that you trusted may have changed!!

get the word out.

omgg ty this helped soo much my tampon smelled like vanilla i checked it has propropylene in it and on the box it says unscented . wow

I think it is time for you to talk to your mom about birth control. Sounds like a yeast infection, but still you should talk to her about it. It is much easier to tell her you've had sex, then you're pregnant. If that doesn't feel like an option to you, go to a planned parenthood and get birth control

Honestly, your mother is your best friend! She was 15 once too, going through the same things you are now. She understands that, and when she gave birth to you, she understood the responsibilities of raising a daughter.. With that being said, I don't know your mother, but it is healthy for all women to see a gynocologist. You should have gone to one by now. Simply tell your mother that you believe you may be having an allergic reaction and that you want to go to the gyno. You should be ENTIRELY honest with your gynocologist though, and that means explaining to her that you do not want your mother to know about your sexual activeness. With your mother being your legal guardian and all, there might not be any way around her finding out, but sometimes your gyno might be able to help you out with that..

U have a yeast infection if ur vagina is itchy an u feel this creamy like texture stuff on ur vagina ...which is not a bad thing just buy yeast infection creams from walgreens or a drug store or ur just having a reaction to the new tampons Hun...us tampax pearls ...if it burn when u per it can b from u scratching so much if ur scared go to the Dr.

This is happening to me as well. Only I've been dealing with this for over a year. I was itchy down there after removing a tampon. The tampon was dryer than usual because I didn't bleed as much as I thought I would. Even though I removed the tampon slowly it was still uncomfortable. I went to see the gyn soon after but he couldn't do a pap because the necessary equipment was sent off to be repaired. I also lied about being sexually active because my mom was in the room but I'm sure she knew anyway. He treated me presumably on the pretense of it being a yeast infection which is what I thought I had. It was just one pill but it didn't go away. I haven't been to the doctor since due to not having insurance. I have a medical card now but there is still a lot I have to do to be able to go to the clinic of my choice. Anyway, this all started with a dry tampon and I've been having symptoms for over a year. What could it be? I've used protection with previous partners and when I didn't I knew they were std free as they would show me their test results. My current partner lost his virginity to me so no worries there. Anyone know?

I had the same thing happen to me when I was your age it still does. I guess it just because we're sensitive down in that area. I used to take a warm bath in Epsom salt. Soak in it for 25 to 30 min and the swelling should go down and it will heal In a day or so. You could even take one again the next day it really good for your skin even. Well I helps you out and good luck.

I have the same issues but its not just my libia and clitoirs. Its the whole thing and im unsurevif its because i had sex with my boyfriend.... sorry tmi, i have really bad paranoia and googling the awnsers doesnt help... like it feels swollen from front to back and it iches like crazy and it started the day I put a regular tampax in because i thought i was starting. Did you find anything out

Ayee , I'm going through the sameee thing

You could try switching to pads instead of using tampons. This happened to me all the time and I would get really sore swollen and itchy when I would wear tampons so I just figured I was probably having some sort of reaction, maybe allergic. I've been wearing pads since I was 15-16. Got my period when I was 13 or 14 ..tried the tampons during the day and pads at bed time and couldn't take the pain and swelling from the tampons anymore. Switched to pads and it doesn't happen .. you can get all different pads..over night ones. Thin ones. Ones for heavy flow. It's good to have some different ones. I use the over night ones, I have regular ones and heavy flow ones because the start of my period is heavy ..so I just like to know that I'm more protected ..the over night ones are the best for when your sleeping because they're longer. If you have a regular flow just get the regular flow ones and over night ones :) pads are the way to go. I am now 22 turning 23 and I still can't wear tampons.

Reddit has a story currently that discussion about private recall on tampons. It has had many women heading to the emergency room with itching and heavier bleeding and sore vaginas. Consult a doctor immediately.