Locked New Topic Followed by 1 people
For the past 4 months I have had a soar throat. When I talk the pain increases where my lymph nodes in my throat are. Usually on the right side but some times the pain alternates to the left side of my throat. It is extremely irritating and I do not talk often as the pain becomes very great after talking for 10minutes +. I have been on antibiotics they did nothing and I have had quaterzone to stop the inflammation which also did nothing. I've had an ultrasound and it showed the lymph nodes in my throat were inflamed. Also the doctors thought it might be stomach acid but im on medication for that which also seems to be nothing. Sometimes my ears hurt aswell jus a dull aching. Any ideas what it could be or if anyone has had a similar problem and resolved it if u could let me know it would be greatly appreciated. Also I am a musician who was making majority of money doing shows and with this i have not been able to sing so it drives me insane haha.
I don't think its a viral infection as its lasted 4 months

any help would be appreciated greatly

Perhaps a chest x-ray may reveal why your lymph nodes are working overdrive. They could be fighting a bacteria or virus in your body that was contracted oversease somewhere? Another consideration, and I don't mean to scare you, could be something cancerous. I'm not a doctor, i've just had a series of events happen lately that has made me do some research and this is one of the symptoms for something like that. Definitely worth paying for the x-rays and checking it out.

One extra thought to maybe back up my last statement. On the page where you read these postings, at the top near the menu, there is google adsense. People pay for google ads based on keywords that are on the page. That is why the majority of the ads on the top of the page are advertising cancer links... because key words such as swollen lymph nodes and soar throat are sometimes indicators.

I draw conclusions through various means... if this makes you look into it, and it's right, then I'm happy I said something. Please keep me posted.

I greatly appreciate the time you took to reply to my thread. I guess this is good and bad, I went had a ct scan on my throat and it showed nothing sinister except the lymph nodes swollen! I'm taking all these vitamins etc to try build up my immune system but unfortunately so far there is no change and my throat still feels horrible and the lymph nodes are still swollen and the doctors don't know why!

Any other ideas, or has anyone ever experienced this or something similar & gotten rid of it?

Just wanted to follow-up. Have you had a blood test yet? Was the CT scan only for the neck? I'm scheduled for a CT scan at the end of the month... the canadian health care system is slow, but it's free. My blood test came back and everything was clean and OK so i don't know what the problem will be or if they'll be able to figure it out either. Bets of luck - i really do hope your throat heals soon.

yeah I have had blood tests they all came back clear & yes the ct was jus for the neck. Hope all your stuff works out aswell. I hope we all jus get better if i do get better and know how i got better i will definately post it up here as I wouldnt want any one else to go through this sh*t its horrible!

HAS ANYONE HAD ANY RESOLUTION TO THIS? I'VE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THE SORE THROAT, PAIN IN NECK, SWOLLEN GLADS, EAR ACHES, AND WITHUOT ANY RESOLUTION. IVE BEEN ON THE HEARTBURN MEDICATION, ANTIBIOTICS, VITAMINS, ALLERGY MEDICATION, AND EVEN HAD A CT SCAN, AND THE ONLY CONCLUSION MY DOCTORS CAN SEEM TO COME TOO IS MY LYMHE NODES ARE SWOLLEN.

BUT NO THERIES WHY OR HOW TO GET RID OF IT.

SOMEONE SAID SOMETHING ABOUT CONTRACTING SOMETHING OVERSEAS.. WHAT COULD THAT HINT TOWARDS? I HAD STREP THORAT AND THOUGHT IT HAD GONE AWAY, BUT AFTER I CAME BACK FROM MEXICO IS WHEN THE LYMP NODES STARTED OVERREACTING. IM JUST CURIUOS HOW THAT COULD TIE IN OR IF ANYNONE HAS ANY MORE INFO.

^^^^^
How long have u had this for, I've had it all most five months now and no improvement. It really sucks, has destroyed pretty much all of 2006. Anyways hopefully someone has resolved it, my docs think its jus viral but i have doubts when theirs no improvements for 5 months.

I have had very irratable pain in the throat (gland area) my ears pop when I swallow and I have a constant ear ache.. But things got worse over time and now I have a very hard time swallowing correctly..

It has been going on for about 2 years now and has only gotten much worse. I have been on allergy, heartburn, and antibiotics as well as decongestion medicine. None of these things have done anything for me.

It is good to see that someone else has this problem as well..

I have fallen into a bad depression because this will not go away and it ruins my mood and health. It makes it hard to get out of bed everyday when I know I am going to have to deal with this mind crippling ailment..

Keep me posted and I'll keep you posted

that sounds hell similar to the sh*t i've got like almost exactly the same. Do the doctors still say to you that it just must be a viral infection? cause thats what they tell me but im like BS a viral infection don't last this long & im takin hella vitamins & eating right & all that sh*t aswell. We gotta try get better dog we can't let this sh*t consume our lives. Lifes way to short to be sick!

On May 24 I thought I had the flu. I woke up feeling tired ,weak couldn't swallow and could barely walk. I ached so bad. Went to the Dr. and he said I had some virus. Swabbed me for strept just cause my daughter had it at the time. It came back negative. He said it was a virus then. A week later still had such a severe sore throat. Couldn't swallow my spit barely.It started on one side of my throat. Moved to the whole throat .Went to the other side.Then the whole throat again Now its back to my left side only. Tylenol 3 never helps. So went back to Dr. Tested me for Mono.Had really severely sore lymph nodes. No mono. But he said my blood platelets were high. Had to get them rechecked to maybe narrow down why they were high. Came back even higher. So now I have to wait two weeks to be retested ,if they are still high then I have to see a specialist.Im scared about that. Meanwhile My throat is still like hell. My glands are swollen.I want to know why...
:cry:

i also thought i should add I have had a headache & one of my nostrils has always been blocked prior to this for 2 & a half years, I still have those but now are accompanied by this horrible soar throat, could they be connected?

also have yall got tested for much stuff or anything cause ima keep tryin to push to get tests etc

I have had the same symptoms for the last year. I am seeing an Ear, nose and throat specialist next week. I have also started having severe nausea every day and fatigue...yesterday I slept all day (34 hours of sleep) and was still fatigued when I was forced to get out of bed today. I was tempted to go to the ER, but I know they would just send me home with yet another ineffective course of antibiotics.

I have had this same problem for over four years now. I don't have extreme pain in the throat, but it is there. The ear problems come and go. This might actually be something very new that doctors have not encountered. I don't think it is fatal, but it is irritating. I have resorted to using chloroseptic spray to ease the pain in my throat. I have also noticed an inflamed lymph node in my groin which makes me think this is a "smart" virus in the immune system. THis is just my crazy theory:
usually viruses use the host without discretion, but this virus or bacteria seems to acknowledge its dependence upon the host, therefore not causing the death of the host. Its odd but evolution improves many things including viruses and bacteria. We need to get the word out about this odd infection.