I choked on a piece of steak over a year ago, Heimlich maneuver was done, and it popped out.  Lots of coughing and throats hurt for several days.  More than a year later I have great difficulty swallowing meat, anything solid other that extremely soft foods or liquids.  It feels like my throat has closed up and become smaller.  Any ideas

Hey gayle have you had issues with acid reflux or GERD? Sometimes you can get a narrowing in your esophagus which can cause This

No not that I know of. I never have to take tums or feel like acid coming up or have heart burn.

It may be a good idea to get checked out..... there are certain conditions which can lead to a narrowing of your esophagus, or you esophagus not moving food appropriatly or a webbing membrane which can cause choking especially with foods like steak... also do you have high blood pressure or portal hypertension?