Now My Right Upper Eyelid Have One Big Swollen Pimple. What Is It? Can Anyone Tell Me. How Can I Cure It And Prevent From In The Future. Please Everyone Help Me!! It Makes Me Look Ugly..

I wish I would've made an account to help you with this sooner lol.

I don't know if my advice is any good to you at this point, but I had the same thing happen to me around December. At first I thought it was just a cyst infection of the eye, so I went to Rite Aid and got some cream and Visine. I WAS WRONG. The cream did nothing. Then I thought it was a growth (eww I know) and had a full on panic attack, because the only way to get rid of that is to have it surgically removed.

I started doing warm compresses with tea bags, wash cloths, and such, to at least bring the swelling down, and after about a week or two it was gone. Poof. Just as quickly as it had came.

I still to this day have no idea what it was. All I know is that the compresses worked.

If it happens again try it.

If it's still there I hope you've gone to see a doctor already.

Best Wishes!

Hi there I am reading these posts that are very interested for me and I decided to write one about my friend's case. Actually he had a swollen eyelid for more than  ten days. At first he thought that it will pass without using any remedies and he did not want to go to a hospital. after few days I told him that he had to go to the hospital in order to see a doctor who can find some solution for his problem. Doctor told him that it some pimple and gave him some creme that helped him a lot

Hi Toaster, did you ever find out what the problem was? I mean, I think that what you're recommending sounds like a good cure but what was the actual problem? Do you know what it is? I really hope that you can reply and let me know because I'd like to know precisely what it is. Thanks!

To this day, I still have not found a definite answer Bluedog. I believe it was a different kind of cyst than that of the norm, considering I'd discovered it was underneath the eye lid, rather than above it. (So I'm guessing the cream didn't work because of the cyst's location.)That's how a growth is usual formed, however there wasn't any pain like a growth normally would cause; instead it itched quite a lot, like a bug bite(the visine helped to relive the itching). I kept applying compresses, and eventually (sorry if this is gross) the bump began to let out white liquid. And then in a matter of 2 weeks it was gone, and I haven't had one since.

I hope that helps.

I just googled it bluedog, and now I know myself what it is as well. It is called a Meibomian Cysts (chalazions). The UK website said to treat it as you would a stye. Multiple compresses, but if it persists it may have to be removed like a growth, so I guess I was on the right trail after all.

It looks kinda like what I had except a bit larger.

*** edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Hi toaster, I'm glad to hear that you figured out what your problem is! Are you going to be getting treatment for it or is your current treatment working for you? Let me know how you're doing okay?

Hello Mr.Fit :-)

You'll be happy to know that my home remedy actually cured the problem, so there was no medical treatment necessary. However, if the bump happens to appear again, I will be going to get some medical advice.

Thanks for your concern :-)

Hi ToasterStrudel,
I'm interested in hearing more about your home remedy. You said that you used tea bags and wash cloths. Did you use any specific tea, or it can be any tea?

Like dark_red, I would be very interested to hear exactly what it was you did as well. Can you outline it for me? Thanks!

Sure thing,

well it was both green tea, and jasmine, on my eye. I don't know if that really affected anything, I was just working with what I had available in my house. I used tea bags more often than the washcloth because I felt it was more direct. I applied visine every now and again to relieve some of the itching. I checked on it everyday, and everyday a little more stuff leaked out. Then within two weeks it was gone.

I'm really no expert this only happened to me once. I did my little compresses and it went away, I was faithful to the ritual because I was quite uncomfortable with having a doctor stick a needle in my eye to get rid of it. This is really all I can tell you. I hope I was somewhat helpful.

Hi ToasterStrudel,
It was very helpful. There are a lot of people the don't like needles, especially in their eyes. (I'm the first in line) :-)
And if this worked for you, someone else with the same problem can do it as well.
I'm wondering have you tried to apply tea bags during the night?

Hi Strudel, I think that's pretty helpful information. I think the visine did the greatest amount of good for you although I think that the jasmine worked really well too. As for the jasmine, what did you use? Jasmine tea? Jasmine oil? Extract? This was really helpful though!! Thanks :)

Jasmine tea, and no problem :-)

ToasterStrudel829 wrote:

Jasmine tea, and no problem :)

Jasmine tea, perfect. I know some good stores right up the street that have some jasmine tea so I'll bear that in mind if I ever have any trouble. Thanks so much for letting me know about everything again.