Has anyone ever had sciatica before or know how to treat it? I'm certain I have sciatica as well as having a torn muscle, which has repaired now. It has been going on now near on 5 months and really affecting training. I can’t run, but I can swim fine, so just swim at the moment. I am training triathlon. I need some advice. Thanks a lot!

Number of things can be cause of sciatica. Conditions like: pressure on the spinal cord, piriformis syndrome, prolapsed or slipped disc. The most important thing for you is to diagnose the cause of the sciatic pain. Since you are practicing such a difficult sport I think that a full biomechanical analysis from a good running orientated podiatrist could uncover some problems and ensure you stand a chance of running without making problems worse.

ive been having these wierd pains through my lower back n bottom sometimes wen im bent over for a while or on my feet for few hours...i also suffer with cramps in the knee of the same side,could it be sciatica???....i leed a busy lifestyle..i work 2 jobs run after my two kids and am also a housewife!..i also cram in the gym wen i can at least twice a week!!...i am abit over weight so was wondering if that may be the cause???what do you advise??