Hi, I am a runner for many years, and I never had any problems with my health, until now. I have a severe butt pain, and it’s getting worse. I thought it might be sciatica, but I’m not shore. Did anyone experience something like that before?

Many runners have the same problem as you, and they all think it’s sciatica. Maybe in some cases it is, but most often it is a wrong self-diagnose. It is probably not sciatica, but severe butt pain. It is very difficult to diagnose, so it is the best if you consult your doctor. This pain in the butt can be caused by muscle problems, sacroiliac joint restrictions and piriformis syndrome. However, not all pain is related to running. There might be an underlying cause for this condition. Many people have butt pain from long sitting in their offices or from lack of magnesium.