My last period was June 13th. Today is July 8th. I am 31 years old and my husband and I just started trying to get pregnant in June. I feel a little bit like a cliche. I've been experiencing severe lower backaches, cramping, headaches, gas, odd deep dreams, and have had aversions to food, such as eggs and coffee. I am also experiencing nausea. I have not vomited, but am unsure of what foods I would like to eat.  They all seem unappetizing. Is it took soon to take a pregnancy test? Should I wait until July 13th? Has anyone else experienced these symptoms and not been pregnant?

Any help is appreciated.
Clark

you can do an early pregnancy test as early as 5 days before your expected period and they are surprisingly accurate :) mine told me before my expected period. get the box with two so you can take one again in a few days. best of luck :)

ps~ the strange dreams are very indicative of early pregnancy. sometimes they are downright hysterical and other times freaky! it goes away though

I am having similar symptoms and don't know whether I am pregnant or not yet, although I hope I am. But I have taken some early response tests and came back negative, so now I plan on taking one after my period is due just in case. I suggest buying a test that comes with 2 or 3 tests in it (First Response usually comes with 2 and sometimes 3 tests), and taking one now, and if it is negative wait until a couple days after your period is due (if it doesn't come) to take the other.

Thanks! It sounds like we've done the same thing. I've taken 2 tests both negative...but yesterday was 5 days before my period is due. Hopefully, I'll get a positive the day my period is due... Good luck to you as well! Let me know what your results are next week. I'm hoping whatever my result, I can let other women know that these symptoms were abnormal for me and either I am pregnant or I had all these symptoms, and perhaps they were a result of the heat this summer, or extreme pms... either way it may help others to know.

I just found a calander and my period was due Saturday, but if the light bleeding I had 5 days before my period was implantation and not just a wacky period it would have been too soon after implantation to test positive, so I'm probably going to wait till this weekend to test again, and I'll let you know the result =) As for letting others know I am planning on doing the same thing, there are plenty of people out there saying that they had similar symptoms and were pregnant, getting my hopes up but not many who had similar and nothing to help keep me sane lol Whatever the result I plan on doing what I can to help out other women who have the same problems as me. Hopefully we find out soon =) let me know as well when you find out