k so last month me and my than boyfriend had sex on the 6th of septemeber, than about 7 days after i had my period for about 4 days, we hooked up when i was on my 3rd day of bein on my period but he didnt cum in me so he says, than starting the around 4-5 days after that, i started feeling really sick when i was waking up in the mornings, i didnt throw up but i felt like i had too, and the smell of food was makin me sick, i swear i could smell when someone was makin food in the kitchen, but i would be all the way in the living room, and im still feeling sick its been about 3 weeks now, and just the last few days ive been wakin up super early feeling soo sick and ive been throwin up, today is october 11th and i had what i think is my pd? but its really light and i dont know what too do , i dont know what spotting looks like so i dont know if im spotting or not? i can barely eat it makes me feel sick, could i be pregnant even thou i had my period ? i havent been to the doctors yet because i wanted to wait and see if the being sick continues in the morning..im pretty tripped out right now..can someone please give me some good advice please!!

Did you say the only time you had sex with him was during your period? If so it is very unlikely that you are pregnant - as you have to ovulate (release an egg) which is then fertilised by the man's sperm. Ovulaton usually takes place around the middle of your cycle (most people's cycles last 28 days - ovulation usually occurs in the middle - so approximately 14 days before your next period is due). Having said that some people have very short cycles therefore it is difficult to predict when they are most fertile (ovulation).

I have heard of people getting pregnant during their period, but this is fairly rare. But it does sound like you are having some symptoms. I think you might as well get a pregnancy test to be sure as you had sex long enough ago for it to give you a correct result - you can get them quite cheap in shops now if you buy their own brand or take a urine sample to your doctor so they can do it there- its best if you use your first morning urine as its more concentrated.

If your most recent period is much lighter than usual and more pink/brown in colour, rather than bright red then it may be spotting and not an actual period.

On the other hand it could be that your period and the sickness might be down to illness (food poisoning, etc) - I'll just let ya know also, that it's called "morning sickness" but it doesn't always happen in the morning - it can be any time.

I'd just go and get a test if i were you, then at least you'll know - the sooner you know, the sooner you can decide what to do if you are pregnant, or the sooner you can put your mind at rest if you're not!

Let me know how you get on hun, hope you get the answer you want x

no we had sex on the 6th of september when i wasnt on my pd, and than about 7 days later i had my pd and we had sex once again when i was on my 3rd day of having it, i know for a fact i dont have food poisoning or anything, cause i havent really been eating alot for the past month, ive just been eating alittle here and there, it makes me sick, but than i have been kinda stressed lately due too my recent break up so i was wondering if that could have something to do with it aswell? but i havent been really stressed recently so i just dont know...and yeah about the whole morning sickness, i usually feel sick right when i wake up or at night time, today i havent thrown up yet, but i feel like i should ' i want to get a test but can it still work even if im bleeding? or should i wait until ive stopped? and if i do take a test can i just pee in a cup and than dip the test in there for a more accurate reading for my first pee of the morning..sorry for all the questions..

Oh right....well i suppose you may well be pregnant then if it was 7 days before your period (more likely than if you had sex on your period). If you're having a proper period, its unlikely you are pregnant, especially if your having the normal cramps, etc. But enough time has passed now for a test to be accurate - so id just go ahead and do it if i were you.

But dont worry it wont matter if you test while you're bleeding - it tests for HCG hormone, which is released when you are pregnant - the levels slowly rise from the day the embryo has implanted into the wall of the uterus and peaks at around 12weeks of pregnancy then slowly declines. So its levels cant be affected by you bleeding or any drugs or anything (except for certain fertility drugs which contain HCG).

Sometimes the HCG levels are too small to detect early on in pregnancy - but if you are pregnant then it sounds like you'd be far enough along so you should get an accurate result if you use your first morning wee. But yeah i think most of them work if you pee in a cup then dip the tip in (i think you just have to hold it there for longer) - jus read the instructions carefully.

If it comes out negative and you're still getting more symptoms (a big one is sore boobs - even early on) then do another test no sooner than a week after (HCG levels increase drastically from week to week).

Keep me posted hun x

so is it possible to get pregnant 7 days before you have your period than? cause when i had my period i dont think i had cramps or anything it wasnt even heavy it just felt like i wasnt even on my period, and for this so called period that im on right now, i dont have any cramps and it doesnt even feel like im on my period, like i know i am, but i feel just fine not like my usual period thats forsure, & i did get sick this morning just alittle later on than i did yesterday, and the last 3 days ive been having morning sickness ' ive kept track of it just too see what time it happens and to see how long it continues for, and alrighty about taking a test, i will do that ' but im also wondering if anything else could be making me have morning sickness by chance? i highly doubt it but im just wondering, and i havent had any other symptoms, other than i keep burping alot, and i feel kind of light headed at times, and that my stomach is feeling warmer than the rest of my body, and that the food i usually love dont appeal to me anymore, and certain smells i cant stand, let me know, and thanks for the support! xox

Yeah it is possible, but usually its more likely a bit earlier before your period. If you have periods more regularly than every 3 weeks then that could show your cycles might be shorter and therefore you might ovulate closer to your period.....this also applies if you have irregular periods.

I suppose stress or anxiety might make you sicky and if you've got a bit of a sensitive tummy it could actually make you BE sick i guess - but all the signs are kinda pointing towards pregnancy. - but you never know - believe me Ive had plenty of times thinking i was pregnant and wasnt.

Oh yeah, are you on any contraceptives? Im guessing you're not - but if you are then that can mess with you (nausea, changes in periods, etc).

:)

k yeah thats what i thought. i just wasnt exactly sure, so thats a yes to it being more likely im pregneant? , i usually have my period once a month like usual, and i was on the pill for about 4-5 months, than i stopped for about a month and was goina start up again but i didnt, and as for the stress i dont think this is stress related cause i had that before and it wasnt like how im feeling now, its weird cause i know something is wrong with me, ive had prego scares before and my boobs got sore, but also i stopped takin my birth control for that whole month so the doctor said thats all that was wrong, and the sides of my boobs are sore, and kind of at the tops of them too, could that be the whole sore boob thing? i was told its just more around the inner boob that hurts?

Well everyone is different - some people dont even get sore boobs, some just get sore nipples, etc. If you'd just come off birth control also - that may well have changed your cycle so you ovulate at different times to before you were on it. I think im scaring you now though...coz you never know- all these symptoms could be down to coming off the pill fairly recently. You can analyse it until you go crazy, the only way you'll know is by testing.

Have you taken one yet? oh yeah, i said about scaring you - making you think you're pregnant - you may well want this baby? sorry i keep assuming! How old are you also if you dont mind me asking? Have you spoken to your ex about any of this? Sorry im asking all the questions now, hehe! x

no i dont think im begin scared lol, im just asking alot of questions just so i get all the facts straight, and i just picked up a few tests today so either later today ill take one or tmorrow, i was just waitng to take one too see if my symptoms continued, and so far ive been having morning sickness all week, so i think thats a big enough hint, and im 19 turning 20 right aways, and no i have not spoken to my ex about it, i kinda just told him i needed to talk to him about something important, but he never replied and maybe i shouldnt even say anything until i know the results,

Well it sounds like you're getting on alright! Its totally up to you hun- some people would tell, others wouldnt. But i guess you might as well see the results for yourself first but entirely your call! It's a shame men dont have to go through all this - if only for a day!!!then they might hve more sympathy and understanding!

Let me know what ya find out hun - never get to hear the outcomes of any posts! Have you got lots of supportive people around you, have you told anyone besides on here?x

yeah so symptoms are doin ok, i woke up this morning feeling ok, no morning sickness, my so called spotting stopped last night and earlier today it started up again, nothing major its just alil bleeding? is that normal? & yes i took a test first thing this morning but it said negative..maybe its just too early too tell? and yes i wish they could go through this than maybe you'd be right and they would understand what we go through, and my mom knows, thats about it other than a few close friends, and so far my moms been good with it,

Im sure i replied to this message last night! I think im going loopy!

Its good you've got some understanding people around you! How long have you been spotting now then? is it enough to still have to use something? It could be too early but you've already gone past the due date of your period following possible conception so it should show - then again some people have very low levels of HCG throughout so it only shows on a blood test which is more sensitve. I say test again in a week - if the symptoms are still there and the test is still negative -then get yaself to the doctor for a blood test.

Lol. i replied too but it didnt show up on here, thats weird!

and i was spotting for 4 days, the first 2 were good enough to need to use something but the last 2 it was barely bleeding just alil, and yes well my doctors appointment is tomorrow so i guess we will find out the truth, i didnt have any morning sickness today so thats good, goina see what happens tomorrow and ill take it from there

Well i hope you get the answer you're looking for hun :) keep me posted x