Hello. I’m a beginner not only when it comes to running but any sports activity whatsoever. Namely, I want to improve my fitness since my running results and achievements are quite poor. Can you tell me whether the treadmill is good for improving my condition and technique? Besides, it’s too cold to run outside and I don’t want to skip my training.

I don’t know what to tell you. The treadmill certainly has its benefits and you can surely try to improve your fitness by using it, but there’s nothing like running. I’d also like to tell you to take care when starting exercising on the treadmill because the first time I used it I exaggerated little bit and ended up with pretty unpleasant heart problems. Anyway, I think that in case you don’t have the possibility to run outdoors, the treadmill can be the solution. But in my opinion, there’s nothing that can be compared to outdoor running. If you plan on taking up running seriously, weather conditions shouldn’t be an obstacle to your regular running routine.