Hello! I am in the 5th months pregnancy and in a month time I am going to the sea side. I was wondering if I could use some solariums or self tanning creams before going to the sea side cos I would want to avoid getting sun burnt at the sea.

Hi there! I was in the 6th months pregnancy when I used the self tanning cream and I had really good outcome. I got a bit of a color that was perfect base for the sea sun. There I was avoiding too much sun and was mostly in the shadow but I did get some more color. It was actually what the doctor recommened me. Eventhough the UV rays are not in the direct contact with the baby he said it was not good to raise body temperature in the first trisemester. Eventhough I was in the 2nd, I didn’t want to take my chances ,so I decided not to use solariums but the cream. Another reason for this was preventing skin from premature aging. Hope this helped a bit!!!