Hi, my son is 9 years old and he is spending most of his free time in front of his computer playing games. Sometimes he may spend hours playing it and it really starts to bother me. He is not going out on fresh air to play with other kids and also he has few friends which are acting same way he does.

Hi, my son was acting very similar like yours. He was spending hours near computer and first thing which he was doing when he came back from school was to sit in front of computer. These games are really interesting for kids because they are taking them into the world of fantasy and adventure. However you have to try to show your kid other interesting things beside his computer. Take him to the swimming pool, ride bicycles go to the football match. He has to live healthy and see other things.

Hi I have a similar promblem but it is whit my wife she stoys up to 5 am playing a game on line and then goes to bed for about 2 hours and then is right back up on the computer playing the game all day it is affecting our marriage and the family life is there any help out there for this promblem

Yeah, all these are natural. But we have to keep them away as much as possible.

He's 9, it's simple, take the game away before you get to dealing with a teenager and then he will get married and be someone else's problem. Probably end up divorced for being a neglectful man.

In this modern time computer, internet and video game addictions are very common problems in children and teenagers.