My step-son is 14 and he has started complaining about erections. I really don't know what I can do for him so I just tell him to ignore it but I don't want him walking around like that anymore because it's innapropriate. What can he do about it?

maybe you should explain to him why he's getting them or pass that task on to his dad!

he is only 14 and its not his fault that his hormones are all over the place! sit him down and talk to him about the facts of life and what he is going to expect.

at least that way he wont feel as awkward and hopefully, neither will you!

i agree with monkey293. you can also give him tips to lose the erection. maybe like saying the multiplication table. or the pledge. stimulate the mind to un-stimulate the other. and wow. he comes up to and talks about that stuff? i never did that

Well, he doesnt really come up and talk to me about it. When he was younger it wasn't a big deal but now that he's developing down there it's becoming totally innapropriate. I wish he had a father to talk to but i'm a single parent so I'm all he has.

Does he have an Uncle? Does he look up to any male figure in the family? If it's no, then it's all you.
Your his mom, just have "The Talk"
So you don't offend him, try making light of it somehow. Just know that no matter how light you try to make it, your probably gonna make him feel funny.

yeah, talk to him about it. dont just ignore it. be mature and explain to him whats going on with his body. sit him down and tell him about it.

Well I talked to him, basically I told him the cold shower trick and how important it is to abstain. I actually got him to promise me he would abstain from sex till marriage which I'm so happy about.

Making him promise to abstain from sex until he is married is a pretty big order to fill..If he carries out his promise to you that would be great.
You shouldn't focus on that right now. You should think about having the "talk", soon.
As he gets older, he will notice the girls more and more. He will eventually start to date, then the game is on. If he gets into a situation, and he probably will, where he may want to indulge, he will feel that he has lied to you. You really shouldn't hold him to such a promise. Talk to him about safe sex, what happens if your not protected, unwanted pregnancy, STD's, basically "the birds and the bees"
He may make a mistake, someone turns up pregnant, and he feels he let you down and is afraid to tell you. Don't make him afraid to talk to you about that. Abstaining is the perfect solution, but we all know that it sometimes doesn't work out that way.

Are you walking around the house in a skimpy nightgown? If not you should. Next time you see his erect prick show him how to rub one out.