It looks like the treadmill I had planned to buy in the next two years is going to end up getting purchased much sooner than expected.

So, those of you with treadmills, where is yours and why?

I want to put it out in the unheated/no AC garage with the weight bench and trainer. I'll probably use it in the early morning and I don't want to wake up everyone else with it.

Mrs. will probably use it some too but she's leaning toward putting it in the house because she'll only be walking and the heat and humidity she'll generate won't be an issue.

Go with the garage. Even if it folds up it still takes up some room. She can always use a small space heater or fan for extreme weather conditions.

I agree with the garage. Just tell your wife that you would not want to mess up the house with all of the sweat that will be flying off of you while you run. :)

Mine is in the basement. It stays pretty cool down there all year. Which is nice for running.

Mine is in our basement. There is a large open area for the kids to run around while I run in place. I have a gate around the mill and the fan to keep little fingers away.

:umno: mine is in a small room off the bedroom :umno:

If you have a basement that would be my vote just for those insanely hot days, but otherwise the garage makes sense (as long as you have a fan...)

Mine is in the basement too.

(gonna have to look into one of those gates, Marcus is walking now.

basement.....but if I lived in the south I'd put it in the garage and put the garage door up and let the neighbors think I'm truly whacked :o.

what a minute....if I lived in the south, would I have a treadmill????

Currently it's in the guestroom ( no I don't make our guests sleep on it :P )... but we'll probably be redo-ing it soon so I'm gonna move it down to the basement next to my weights...(and if I play my cards right this Christmas, I'll have a hot tub next to my treadmill that's next to my weights...) :|

:shrug: the closet?

How about on the sidewalk outside your house? A FOR-SURE traffic stopper, no?

Garage. Not only the sweat from you will go all over the place, but also the oil, grease and crud from the bottom will go all over the place.

Do you make your guests run on it? Alright!! I better get 3 miles outta you, or you're not going to bed!! And no toilet paper either!!

I'd put it by the nearest sinkhole and hope for the best. Maybe even put up a game-cam to watch it slide in.