My youngest, who is 12, likes to eat. I figured good together time would be cooking since cooking seems to go hand-in-hand with eating and the end product is something the whole family can enjoy.

We've made plenty of batches of cookies in the past where she'd hold the blender and stir in the chips but that was usually the extent of her help.

The last two weekends, I've had her plan out a whole meal (plus dessert) and make it. We did simple spaghetti last weekend with banana pudding and this weekend we did meatloaf, potato salad, corn, dressing w/gravy and banana pudding (again). She was a real trooper when it came time to mix the meatloaf with her hands. 8O

Anybody got any good stories or recipes that are kid friendly to make?

She told me she wants banana pudding again next weekend, but I'm shooting for something different. Suggestions?

Punch bowl cake:

Fat Free pound cake (or any yellow cake, prepared)
2 cans of crushed pineapple, drained
4 bananas sliced
1 large vanilla ins pudding, prepared
3 cans cherry pie filling
1 large coolwhip (fat free)

Crumble some of the cake in a LARGE bowl and keep layering the ingredients. Can be almost completely fat free.

How cool that you're cooking together. Very awesome! :thumbsup:

JJ can stir the pasta, flip the eggs and other stuff that needs flippiing. Under my watchful eye of course.
John, is she allowed to touch the sacred bread machine.

My kids (and wife) show no interest in being able to bake bread.

What fun! Quality time in the kitchen preparing food can't be beat. I have many a happy memory with my mom, dad and even sisters.

My 8 yo loves to cook. She likes to use her hands... even for meatballs or dipping chicken pieces for chicken parmesan.

We got Kimmy an Easy Bake Oven for Christmas. Her, Mike and I usually make something on Sunday's.

When I make my blueberry muffings they help me as well. They like to stir the mix.

Kim also helps Jen make Christmas cookies every year.