Since Sunday morning a small tender patch began on the back of my right hand between my thumb and index finger. By Monday evening a tender patch of skin about the size of the palm of my hand, with no marks on my upper right arm developed. By Monday evening the tenderness had spread across all of the back of my right hand, down to the tip of my index finger and the tip of my thumb. This afternoon it has spread to a large patch of my neck which is almost the entire front and back right hand side. There are no marks on any of these areas.

It is very uncomfortable. I find it strange that it is just on the right hand side of my body.

I don't know if it is linked, but since Friday afternoon I have had an aching feeling in the palm side of the base of my right thumb. It feels as though it is very deep inside as touching the area does not affect it unless I apply pressure, which is uncomfortable. Since Friday this aching feeling has gradually spread so that the aching feeling is beginning to work its way in to my lower wrist, in to my thumb and partially in my index finger. The pain/aching does not get worse when I move my thumb at all. I have not sustained any injuries recently and I cannot ever remember having injured my hand or wrist in the past. I don't have a job where I do any heavy lifting, nor have I lifted anything terribly heavy. I thought at first that I may be getting a cold, but as I only had a cold a few weeks ago and nothing seems to be developing, I am now stumped.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.