Hi. I'm 34 year old female and recently I have noticed that I have some problems with my fingers.
I'm not sure how to describe this but I could say that I had some lumps in my fingers. I think I have about five or six of it.
They were located mostly around my joints.
I haven’t been to any doctor because I thought this wasn’t something serious. But this lumps stayed all this time and now I became worried about it.
What could cause this kind of lumps on my fingers? Could it be something serious?
Please help!

Well, you haven’t given us many details about your condition and I will try to help you. I'm a medical student and I know a bit about conditions that could cause your lumps.
First of all, it could be ganglion cysts which are the most common mass or lump in the hand.
They are most common on the back of the wrist. These non-cancerous, fluid-filled cysts arise from the ligaments, joint linings, or tendon sheaths when they are irritated or inflamed.
If this is the case than your surgeon will correct this with a small operation.
It could be also Arthritis of the fingers.
Lumps and bumps frequently occur at the last joint of the finger or thumb due to wear and tear arthritis (osteoarthritis). This also could be surgically corrected so you don’t have to worry.
Contact your doctor right away!

Hello, My 6 year old daughter also has these bumps and I am frantically searching for answers!!! She has been to a dermatologist where a biopsy was done, but no answers. Could you please reply and give me a little more information about your condition and anything you may have found out?

Thanks :)

Sometimes I would get these too, but mine are what the doctor called "Planter's warts" and they are contagious, but not harmful. They can be froze off by the doctor.

Hi, im 19 years of age and i also, keep getting these lumps on the last joints in my fingers, they are really sore, and make my fingers feel weak sometimes, i feel like it could jsut snap sometimes. Im worried about it. can you help me with this at all, they have been coming back and going all the time. does this mean, im not well or does this mean im allergic to something, its really worrying me, please email me with your help. _[removed]_. Thanks

hello, im 12 years old and on my left index finger toward the bottom there are about 5 bumps, on my right index finger there are about 3 at the bottom, and on my right middle finger right below in the center of my top and middle joint there are about 8! there really small and close together. i had a few before and after i washed them they came off a few days later. i dont know what to do though! theres alot more of them this time. i havent seen a doctor or even told anyone. i just want to know how to get rid of them and if anything bad can happen. ?

I'm 19 years old and I have little bumps on some of my fingers just around the knuckles and I also have some on my elbows. Could this have anything to do witrh herpes?

I have about 10 small bumps on my ring finger for the last couple months. They itch like crazy and recently I noticed that the bumps are like joining together and forming 1 huge bump. Everytime I place my wedding ring over them on mornings and take it off on evenings it gets irritated and itch. i have never had an sort of irritation to jewelry whether it be costume or real.

The bumps have no inflamation (pus), they seem to be filled with air, no fluids. My finger swells when the bumps itch. sometimes I feel to chop my finger off when it gets irritated.

Can someone help me ! ?

I'm going crazy with this ailments. :'(

Im 13 an I get these bumps on my fingers at least once every year usually towards january or february. I get atleast 6 on each hand and they can be found anywhere on the fingers. I have gotten them since age 4 but am only really starting to worry about them now.i can feel them on my fingers though they are rarly itchy but knowing that they are there makes it worse. They are a large distraction for me during school work or even just reading or watching tv. they start out small,white and hardly noticable but after 2-3 days it can get up to about 5mm wide and red. They usually last about a week then they fade out but what worrys me is knowing that they will return in about a year or so. What is it, is there a way to stop it and why am i getting it? ! ! !

Im nineteen and I recently grown lumps on two of my finger joints... the first one does hurt anymore but the second one on my pinkie joint just sprouted is sore... im not sure what is the cause... im pretty sure its cause I play bass guitar and a lot of guitar hero but its on my strumming hand... answers pleases!!

I'm 19 years old. I've been having these little tiny bumps on my finger. It comes and go. Every finger will have at least 1-3 bumps or maybe more. They are very irritated and itches when I exercise my fingers. The only time I notice was when I had a bar-b-que grill washed with these weird blue medal soap(forgotten the name). I wasn't wearing any gloves on. So my guess was because of the scraps from the the medal that got my hand allergic to it. These bumps went away a few days later. I asked my mother and she simply told me that it was just allergy. The problem was...I wasn't sure from what? The most common time when these bumps grow was after I washed dishes. Any suggestion? >:(

i looked this up cause i was board but maybe it should worry me XD im just about to turn 17 and i have this little bumb on the side of my pointer finger directly in the middle of my knuckle and the last joint of my finger, it itches and at first i thought it was just a Mosquito(sp? XD) bite im currently covered in them cause my family dosnt know how to shut the door at night :/ but when it didnt swell up like the others(im really allergic X3) i started to wounder if it was. i couldnt fall asleep so i got on and decided to look it up. theres just one and its the first time ive had something like it. could i get an answer?

Hey im 13 and i have thoses same thing except i have a BIG cluster of them on my thumb on the front and there are like 12 or 13 of them and some are warts and some are just like skin clumps its starting to spread to the front of my thumb and my middle finger and i have no clue what they are can someone help me my mom is taking me to a dermatologist soon but i want to know if a natural thing and if theres a home remedy so if you could plz reply that would help alot thanks

? hello i am 26 and just recenly i noticed a small knot or bump o whatever they call it on the botom of my pinky its on the inside of the skin it feels like the bone is petruding out it doesn hur as long as my pinky is still bent but i i strighten it or push on the bump my finger aches its about a 5 or 6 on the pain scale before i noticed that my heel on my left foot started huting when i stood up o walked about 2 days later i noticed it.. the only cange in my life right at this point i stopped taking birh control and i started feeling really funny with this poblems i just want it to be something you know not anything to do with cancer / anything that would take me away from my kid... cancer is a big concern in my side of the family could you please help me

worried about nothing

the bumps on fingers occur when you are itchy or have allergies. my father is a herbalist and a doctor of china and australia he have experience these before. You will need to ensure that you wash your hand with soap and keep them clean and dry. Once you eaten a meal wash your hands with soap. soap can help the skins eg. most people believe that that chocolate causes pimple but no; too much oil cause pimples and too dry cause hurt, rip and burn. Washing your hands with soap after doing anything will make you have better clean hands. you may put hand cream on to protect your skin. this may take a week or two, to heal. Also after touching animal, insects or other types can cause bacteria and grow lumps plus cut your nails dont make them grow too long just average.