Over the course of a weekend of partying in Vegas, my boyfriends hands have become discolored. They look rusty, and as though the color has seeped through the pores, concentrating around the natural markings and lines of the hands. He has never had a reaction like this before. Could it be a greater alcohol intake? Something in the water? The result of not being able to process a mineral in a Multi-Vitamin?

Did you find the answer regards waht caused your boyfriend hands to discoloration? My wife is experiencing the same thing

I woke up and have the same discoloration on the palms of both hands. Did you find an answer? It looks as if I was working with some sort of brown die that won't wash completely out. I have not had any alcohol in about a week so I doubt that it's related.

MY WIFE WOKE WITH THE SAME SYMPTOMS,HAS ANYONE HAD IT DIAGNOSED?

I have a daughter with this and have done some research online. The conclusion could be; exposing yourself to cold, stress and the answer that goes best in my daughters case. (Not drinking your daily needed intake of non-caffienated fluids....water...)

i am having the same problem, in between my fingers the skin is turning a rusty color. There is no pain or itching just the discoloration which seems odd. I don't drink alcohol, so I don't think that's it. I do drink loose leaf oolong tea and water. I don't drink soda. ?

My wife gets these rust colored irregular shapped blotchy areas on front and back of hands she is confused on why it happwns but when she stops drinking soda(sprite) and drinks alot of water it goes away quicker

I woke up this morning to the same suprise!! o.O I thought it was dirt, so I washed my hands for like 15 minutes.I'm supposed to babysit at a little kids party today, but I don't want them all like: " ewwwww your hands are dirtyyyyy!!!!!" if you know what I mean. Has anyone found a way to get rid of it. Also.... Is it a MEDICAL CONDITION??? ? ! ? ! ? !

My mother also has this problem. The discoloration shows up in the morning and fades during the day. It looks like dirt. Has anyone found out what this is? Is there a medical name for this condition? Can you do anything to stop it happening?

Hey... 4 days ago I noticed that between my fingers my skin had turned brownish... almost a rusty color... I was quite concerned and came on here to check what it could be... no answer... this site was the closest but still no answer...

I thought I would come back on here and post for others who have this problem so they will have some hope. after 4 days the color disappeared... hmmm? I did do some tanning and thought maybe it was cancer or something... Now I am guessing that I maybe it had something to do with lotion build-up between the fingers or something and then tanning on top of that.

Anyways... not sure how i got brown between my fingers... but it disapeared for me! Good luck for you!

I have the same problem (I woke up and saw it, thought it was rust or dirt and couldn't wash it off) but the discoloration is on the tips of a few fingers, not in between them. And I haven't been able to find what it is yet.

I woke up friday morning withj blotches on my hands but throughout the day it faded so i thought nothing more.. this morning i woke again with it all over my wrist.. during the night i woke with awful pins and needles, could this be related..!!

pls help i feel like a freak with rotten hands

I noticed the ring finger on my right hand started turning brown about 14 days ago. It is starting to spread to my other fingers on my right hand and my index finger on my left hand. There is no pain, swelling, redness or even a break in the skin. It just looks ugly. Does anyone have any ideas as to what this could be? I'm not taking any medication or anything.

Thanks!

A friend of mine noticed his skin becoming discolored, especially on his hands and knees. he went to the doctor and they figured out he had accidentally bought lotion with a tanning tint in it. He'd been using it for weeks without ever paying attention to the details on the label (he'd bought it because it was on sale). He stopped using it and the discolor went away.

I have the same thing. My palms look like I was stained by something rusty. AND the really odd thing is they have a prominent odor of Caramel Corn!! I suppose the odor could be something worse like onions! I am an unemployed IT mom who is trying to stay busy in bewteen looking for a job and find myself gardening a lot. At first, I had assumed it was when I was using the Wolverine brand gloves I got at Sams club, and though that may have added to it when they were in use, but since I stopped using them 2 weeks ago and the color persists, I cannot say that is it. The creepy thing is I have even scrubbed them for 5 minutes at a time with Clorox Cleanup and a hard bristle scrub brush and it doesn't budge!!?? ? I do drink beer and wine, but not that many very often. I also drink green tea, cranberry and grapefruit juice, lots of water, 1 soda every couple months, a Monster before I hit the healthclub 2-4 times a week. I can't find the common denominator, but hopefully together we can through process of elimination! Keep up the great work troops!