My name is Steve and I am 17. I read in this male magazine that guys should check their testes at least once a month for any abnormalities. Can anybody explain to me why and how this is done? Also, I would like to know what I should look for! Thank you

Testes are checked for cancer, or some other inflammations that can occur and cause infertility. When a lump is found, it can double in size quickly, and the cancer can spread rapidly through out your system. The exam should be done the same way every time. During the test you should look if the testes are symmetrical, Inverted, One testicular noticeable larger, if there is any discoloration like patches of brown, black or red areas. This is how it is done. It would be best to sit in a warm tub to relax the scrotum. Roll your testicle between your thumb and forefinger. You are looking for anything that has changed since your last check. You don’t wait for the pain to start checking your testicles as cancer is often painless. Check for any lumps, bumps or swellings. Don’t panic if you find a lump, it could be epididymis or something. If you find that something has changed you should make an appointment at the doc’s , so that s/he can examine you.