My husband has had a swollen lymph node in his groin area for about 2-3 weeks now and has become hard. Over the holiday weekend we found another one on his collar bone and one in the left armpit. He went to the doctor 2 weeks ago and got a prescription of antibiotics, blood owrk and an ultrasound done. Everything came back normal and he finished the preocscription and went this past week for a follow up. The doctor gave him another preoscription refill if the symptoms got worse. Last night we filled the prescription because he has gotten worse with sudden outbreaks of sweating in the middle of the night for about an hour and constant head aches. Last night he woke up with nausea, vomitting and chills from his high fever. He is home for work today but I am tempted to take him to the hospital tonight since the doctor cannot see him until Tuesday.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me to wait or what to do to make the symptoms more manageable until Tuesday 7/11?

Very concerned - Nichole Tenderholt

rule out lymphoma by getting dome lymphnode biopsy/FNAC.

Nichole,
I'm very sorry to hear that your husband has had these issues. I'm sure I'm probably too late, but I have had very similar painful attacks over the past 3 or 4 years; nausea, headache, vomitting, night sweats, even sweating outbreaks during the daytime out of the blue.
Much like your husband I ended up in the emergency room and they did "a million dollar work up" said the ER- DO (not even an MD).
So they gave me the very expensive IV antibiotics (made me feel better than the pain shots), several pain shots and sent me home with no answers.

After this lasted for months they finally noticed a pattern including a high white blood cell count and low red cell. After being hospitalized for a month they decided to take my gall bladder. While performing the laparoscopy the surgeon saw that my liver is grayish discolored and did a biopsy later calling it a "diffuse fatty liver". My gallbladder had sludge and crystals inside it making things unbearable.

I did get some relief from that surgery and at least was able to gain some weight back. I am still having the same attacks and now it seems worse. I'll feel better for a week sometimes even a month and then out of no where... BOOM... like I got hit with a ton of bricks and I'll go down (in bed sweating, sleeping, vomiting) for 24-48 hours and sometimes for a week or two. I have a lifetime prescription for phenegran both oral and suppository, which is no way to live at 37 years old... Finally I went to a pain management doctor that did a $4,000 dollar blood work up testing for everything from my testosterone level, my viral load, my nutritional levels, etc... (20 vials of blood) and it turns out; I have an abnormally high viral load, 7 ab-high out of a possible 11 viruses, 3 of the 7 are so high they don't even measure that high, they just use a greater than symbol. The main problems are outrageously high Cytomegalovirus or CMV, Epstein bar virus or EBV, Hep B and herpes 5&6, etc... Having the very high CMV & EBV can make people very sick, but the Hep B is dangerous when carried in such a high load, without taking anti-viral medications, it can cause liver failure or need for a liver transplant.

I hope this helps give you a direction to have your husband checked. Have his viral loads checked, he could have gotten mono and the viral load check will tell. Also have his prostate checked as it can cause similar problems including night sweat attacks. You may also want to have him get an abdominal, pelvis CT for kidney stones; they can also cause every single one of those symptoms. I've passed 11cm's worth over the past 5 years so I know a little about them. Good luck!
Hawk

What was your husbands outcome after more testing.

RB