I am so stressed lately. I am dealing with things that I was never dealing in my life before. I was diagnosed with anxiety a couple of years ago, and since that day nothing has changed in my life.

I don't know, people around me are telling me that I am pessimist and that I should think differently, but I can't. I don't know what to do about this, I really started to believe my depression and anxiety will never go away, and I'll never be able to function normal again.

What to do, how to recover from this?

Tnx in advance.

People around here say that you are your thoughts. This is not completely true but a big part of it is. You need to stay positive and you definitely need to do something in order to get over your depression. If you don't believe that you are going to get over it, then you are already in a big trouble.

You need to make yourself follow a program which you have made in order to treat depression, you can find a lot of useful tips on the internet, combine all of them and make a depression fighting program for yourself and follow it.

I think that it would be better for you to not fight this on your own, don't make a program for yourself like Deni said, I mean, it is a good idea but I honestly doubt that you will be strong and persistent enough to follow it.

If you want to treat your depression and anxiety, you can start by seeing a psychologist. After a session or two, he is going to tell you which medications to use, which lifestyle changes to make, and he will make you follow these things, and I can assure you that you will love going to talk to him.

I am aware of the fact that people will try to say a lot of things, partly because they don't understand when someone has some problem indeed. Anyway, I am trying to stay positive, at least I was trying but now I think that this doesn't make any sense to me. I have this feeling that whatever I do, I am feeling even worse than ever. My good friend gave me one advice, but I don't know is this OK and is this going to help me - yoga or meditation. She told me that yoga is great because it can help my muscles to relax and that meditation is something that I really need to learn. I don't have experience with it and I don't know anything about this...

So, I am reading two of your posts and I have just one feeling about this - I think that you want to fight this on your own. Why do I think like this?

Because you asked your friend what is the best for you, you are always in touch with people and you hear what they has to tell you. I don't think that this is a good idea.

Why do you avoid help from professionals? You should seek for it. Anyway, I agree with your friend that yoga and meditation are good things and that it can help you, but they are not the cure for your current stadium in life.

Remember this. 

Hey Hannah. I understand what you are saying to me. But first time when I felt that I am feeling different than usual, I went to see my doctor. She told me that I am a little bit paranoid because I always have some negative toughs. I know that this was true, but I was feeling differently. After that I haven't seen any other doctor and my depression and my anxiety started to bother me in my life. I didn't want to go to see doctor after this even if I was aware that I should. But now, there is no comeback. That is why I am seeking for any alternative help...I hope that you do understand me..

I actually like the idea of you wanting to treat this on your own. I also like the idea of yoga and meditation, whoever told you this, he certainly knows what he is talking about. Yoga and meditation can definitely help you with this matter, alongside with some other things as well. I would do it this way if I were you: I would start doing yoga, I would start meditating, I would start going to the gym if you don't have any woods around, if you do, I would start running through the woods on a daily basis and I would change my habits if I think that they are bad for me.

We can all see that you are willing to fight this on your own and that you probably have the strength to do it on your own but why would you do that and exhaust yourself when you can simply take the easy road and start to visit a psychologist? Trust me, these people are awesome in treating problems like these and they will be a good ear to listen to everything that you have to say, even things that you want to say but for some reasons never could. This would make everything a lot easier for you, you know.

I was having the exact same problem, later on, when I already fought it and won, my psychologist told me that the biggest problem was actually how I thought that I was never going to overcome it.

The thing that helped me get over my depression and anxiety was traveling. I didn't even know that this was going to help me but I always loved to travel so one day I just picked up my stuff, put it in a bag and went traveling for a month. Now this has become my habit, I travel whenever I have time and it makes me feel great.

Travel requires money and not everyone likes to travel so I don't think that what you said can be of help to everybody suffering from depression and anxiety, Travel!. I mean, it is a good idea, I like traveling myself but I think that you will get my point.

You should start with simple things, yoga and meditation are great starters, it won't be easy in the beginning, I hope that you are aware of that, but it is going to be great pretty soon and you are going to love these things, as long as you endure and keep practicing them.