Hey guys.

Lately, I am dealing with anxiety more often than usually. I don't know what is the problem because everything in my life is pretty much the same and that is why I don't know what to do or how to change certain things. That is why I am extremely scared especially after my friend told me that constant anxiety can lead to some bigger problems in my life. 

I really believe that I don't need any more problems in my life and that is why I am stressed. Can you help me? Can you answer me can constant anxiety lead to some chronic medical problems?

I'm not sure how to answer this question because, you see, anxiety can cause a big number of physical problems or physical illnesses. If some of these physical illnesses occur, they will prolong even if you get over your anxiety so I think that the answer to your question is probably positive.

However, if you do not have any physical problems that happened due to your anxiety, I don't think that you really have anything to worry about, you should rather focus on overcoming your anxiety, I'm hoping that you are already doing something when it comes to this. Keep it up.

Chronic? No, I don't think so.

Anxiety can change you, that's for sure, it can change your points of view and it can cause some physical problems which shouldn't be hard to take care of, but it can't do nothing that would be considered as a chronic medical problems. All of the things that anxiety causes can be treated, as well as anxiety itself.

It is always smarter to start treating anxiety and start seeing a psychologist as soon as you figure out or are suspecting that you are suffering from anxiety. The earlier you notice it and start doing something about it, the bigger the odds of overcoming it faster.

I don't think so, no. But if you have doubts, you should definitely consider talking to your doctor just to know for sure. 

I know about bunch of things that anxiety can cause because my sister was suffering from it, we were basically all suffering because my sister was suffering from it, but she eventually got better. She had it for about a year and she didn't end up with any kind of chronic medical problems, I honestly don't think that that's possible at all. But you should ask your doctor for his opinion if you just want to be sure about this.

I don't think so either. I met a couple of people throughout my life who fought anxiety at some point of their lives and none of these people had any kind of chronic medical problems. I mean, they are obviously not going to openly talk about these even if they had them but I don't think that they had any chronic medical problems. On the other hand, it is just not logical, you know, it wouldn't make any sense. Sure that anxiety can cause a lot of bad things but chronic things? I don't think so, I would cross this one out.

I am a little bit confused because I was reading a lot about this for last couple of days. Yes, I am aware that anxiety can change me and anxiety did change me, but I was reading some experiences and some people were saying that this can lead to chronic medical problems. So, I really don't know what to think about this but when I am reading your comments, it makes sense that it can't cause it.

Of course that I am treating my anxiety, I am treating it for a long time, but still I got scared whenever I hear that it can be chronical. 

Hello there. You should not be scared because you are telling us that you are treating your anxiety since forever, and you should not worry about those things. It can be problem if you let it untreated because about 30% of people with anxiety disorders go through life untreated and because of that they can have some serious issues. It is very important to consult your doctor if you have pain, dizziness, insomnia, or other symptoms, and you should always keep in mind that all symptoms are real and treatable. It is a good idea to ask your doctor can it cause some chronic medical problems.

Hello guys.

Anxiety can cause a lot of problems indeed. I am suffering from anxiety like you, but I never have heard that this can cause something like this. Especially if you are treating it right and if you go to talk to your doctor about this as well. 

My good friend is using medications and I do know that some people with an anxiety disorder and chronic pain may be able to take one medication for the symptoms of both conditions, such as treating some other issues and pains as well.

But I definitely believe that constant anxiety can't cause chronic medical problems.