I am mother of a 4 yr old girl. I found out talking with other parents of the kids from her nursery that this age is the developmental milestone for kids. I wasn’t quite sure what they meant with that statement. This is my first and only child. I have to admit that I am not very well informed about healthy child development. Please, can anyone tell me what the developmental milestones are for 4 year old girl? Thank you in advance.

The developmental milestones for kids from 4 years of age are these: rides tricycle well, able to draw a circle, able to draw stick figures, hops on one foot, catches a bounced ball, understands size concepts, enjoy rhymes and word play, able to skip, increased independence in performing tasks without parental assistance, express feelings and frustrations in words, , understands time concepts, begins to recognize written words, recognize some colors, shapes and numerals, jump over objects….etc. I am sure that your girl is going to be fine, don’t worry.