Well I'm 25 years old and I have never gotten my period. I've been waiting and waiting. When I was a teen, my pedia told me that i might need some birth control to speed up my hormones. But don't birth control prevent ovulating? Don't I need eggs ?

Do I have hormones disorder?

This concerns me because I plan on having kids in the next 5 years. Have anyone encounter or know someone that encountered this problem?

Thanks

hi experts, i had my last period when i was 14 years old and it suddenly stopped after i felt a severe abdominal pain. Until now i dont have any mestruation Im already 28 years old. I consulted some gyne they checked my ovary through ultrasound they found out that my ovaries are inactive and my uterus is too small. My last gyne prescribed some hormonal pills but nothings change. What should i do? Help me please. Thanks!

So what happens when ovaries are inactive and my uterus is too small?

I'm pretty small myself... so this should worry me too.

have any of you considered seeing a doctor ? ?

Hi! When I was 23 I was diagnosed with exactly the same thing you have been. I was delighted because I never wanted children and I was told I wouldn't be able to have any. Well, I am now in my fifties and to my horror, two years ago I started having period-like episodes...I'm blaming this on the change in my hormones......Perhaps you might benefit in looking at this hormonal change.......Good luck to you...j

Hi, I'm 26 years old and I have never had my period. I have gone thru many ultrasounds and MRI to find no results, in one ultrasound, my uterus appeared to be small and as per the fertility specialist, his conclusion was that my cervic and uterus never develop together so therefore they don't meet...tell me if thats crazy!

i'm 23 and i was told when i was 17 that my uterus was the size of a tooth of a comb. so no one know what the hell is wrong with us or if they can fix it. you would think someone would hop on this situation and try and find a solution. these cases are rare and every time i tell someone about it. they just stare w mouth open. and going to the dr is humiliating. every time i go, i have 4 different ppl pokin me. it's like a gang bang
!

I was also told that my uterus was underdeveloped. About the size of a tangerine in comparison to a grapefruit. One doc said I never had to come back unless it was for breast exams! WTF? Seriously? I want children more than anything else in the world. I'm scared to find anything more out, I don't want anyone to tell me I can't have children.

Well all i can say is that i am please to hear that im not the only one. But i also know what you ladies have gone through and for that i'm sorry.
Ive been dealing with this situation since i was 18, i am now 25. Since i was a child ive just always seen my life with children in it. Ive had every test done twice. I've had one period 3years ago which lasted 3days. I was very happy at the time, also scared. But that was it. Just that one.
However, it never took me long to except this, this is me. What i would like to put out there is that there is alot of children in this world that need help, someone to love and to feel Loved. Adoption is an option...

:-( I'm 27 never came on my period I often thought about it when I was a child 14 15 I first went to the doctor when I was 17 about the situation and my doctor plain out act like she knew nothing what kind of doctor is she and was suppose to go to a specialist my insurance ran out I went to a free clinic and I got a referral to the hosiptal that was at 20 21 years old and they did an ultrasound and said they didn't see any ovaries or uterus if I had any one of them its very small or a piece of it and they wanted to ran test to see what disorder I have and I was short haven't grown since middle school not much development I look like a teenager I'm 27 going on 28 years old what type of uterus and ovary implant and hormones can I get what can I do I feel like I'm not fully woman and I want kids I'm almost 30years old its depressing I need help its very stressful little kids are coming on their periods and I feel stupid when someone ask about coming on my period I need help any suggestions I don't have insurance so it will be costly

Well Hi, I know what how it feels like when everything is so messed up. I am 30, married for 3.5 yrs and i never got my periods 'til i started taking birth control pills. Now when i'm ready for a child, doctors found out that my uterus is too small and only 1 ovary is working properly. I thought i was the only one with prob but hey whey are these docs here for. So don't feel bad. Anyway i had the same problem, i took the insurance but it won't cover anything related to pregnancy (not even the blood test) . Try finding a community clinic they charge u less, like we have one in houston through some foundation. Anyway, i'was eating some hormones and was supposed to get my periods but never got them. Only then i could start another pill to make my uterus bigger. God knows whats going on. Have faith in god.

Wow, its one of those things where no matter how many times you hear that you are not the only one to be going thru this, you still feel like you are and completely alone. I am (saddened) and somewhat relieved to see that others are feeling my pain. I too have not had a period in over 2 1/2 years, and no one has figured out exactly what is wrong. I find it incredibly disheartening and frustrating that after I have seen over 15 doctors and thrown away thousands of dollars to get an answer, I have found ZIP! I have had a ct scan, colonosopy and ultrasounds done so far and the only answer I get is" we found a few cysts, we don't think they're worth operating on" then push me out the door. RRGGH! Now, I do get the regular "PMS" symptoms once a month, which I havent read anywhere that anyone else has.. I find that rather odd. If im not gonna have a period then why torture me some more with the pain and bloating?! I am at a loss guys:( I know have a wonderful boyfriend who I plan to marry someday and had hoped we could have a child together( naturally) but thats looking to be impossible. I will adopt though.. I just like the thought of ur child sharing some of their mothers and fathers traits. Ne way.. does anyone have any other suggestions? any other route to take? I am DESPERATE for a diagnosis, and tired of doctors just throwing meds at me that dont work. Thanks for listening to me blather on, I dont think I have ever really put on paper how I feel. Feels kinda good actually. Again, Thank you

im 18 years and ive never had a period either. it scares me that something bad might be wrong with me. im going to the obgyn next week again to see what the problem is. i am a virgin and hope they dont try to stick something up there. i dont ever want kids so if im not able to have kids doesnt scare me at all. :-) just wish i was normal ugh >_<

Hello everyone,
I am 22 years old and I have never had my menstrual cycle. This does not run on any sides of my family, and people keep on telling me that im a late bloomer (which was 4 years ago) and nothing happened yet. I went to several doctors did a couple of ultra sound and said that there was nothing wrong. 3 doctors didn't know what was wrong with me and perscribed me birth control pills. I said no because I know what happend to girl that take them. Now, im engaged and im worried down the line that he would want to have kids. If anyone knows why please give some information.
Thanks

Hi evryone,

I am 22 years old and never start my menstrual cycle too. Glad that i am not the only one because doctors told me that this is a very very rare case. I went to doctors when i was 17. At that time the doctors told me to consume pills to produces hormones to start my menstrual cycle.
When i still haven't start my period, the doctors told me to check my body cell is belong to man or women. I was so depressed at my teenage age as at that time i am not sure whether i was actually a man or a woman.
Then the latest test i have undergone told me that i am actually a normal woman but i have a micro-size uterus. I was told at my 20 that i might not able to be pregnant. I avoid any serious relationship until i met my boyfriend. I want marriage and have children one day. Is anybody have suggestion?

Thanks