Someone recently pointed out the similarities in kawasaki disease and autism to me, and it was quite an interesting conversation. Now, I am hoping that there are people here who can tell me all about their differences. I would be grateful to hear your views on this - thanks for your replies in advance.

Well, you make me curious now, I have to say! I know that kawasaki disease is an autoimmune disease, which affects various organs but ultimately the heart. Autism on the other hand... ...Is that an autoimmune disease as well then? Because I didn't think so. For starters, kawasaki disease can be cured or at the very least treated, which autism can't, as far as I am aware...

Kawasaki Disease is an autoimmune disease that irritates the blood vessels and ruins the heart. It's fast acting and will be fatal if left untreated. Autism is a neurological issue (I like to see it as the mind being wired in weird ways) that cripples language comprehension and social understanding as well as weakens the ability to be empathetic towards others. It can be treated by training and interaction with others.