I was on Celexa for 4 years and have gained weight. I am sure I gained the weight from the drug at least 60-80 pds. I always had sugar and chocolte carvings and now I don't. I stopped taking the drug now and am trying to get back on track with weight loss. I do see a Nutritionist who suggested that maybe I should have stomach surgery done, not pushing but an option. I feel I can lose weight on my own without that damn surgery! However with what they said I am second guessing myself. I am 38, 5'6. and 280! Wow I know. If you met me you would never guess me being that heavy as I have more muscle mass but still my BMI according to them is not good.

HELP

I think that your nutritionist is worried because your body mass index is about 45 and the lower limit for obesity is BMI of 30. Yes, this measure only takes into account the overall weight and compares it to your height, but I think that she suggested surgery because of the conditions that are directly linked with obesity, like type 2 diabetes and heart problems, among other. But surgery alone will not miraculously dissolve the pounds, like people tend to believe - you still would have to work to lose the weight you gained. The surgery only prevents you from gaining more weight and should reduce the risks of these obesity-related conditions. BUt it's more of the question of time, than if you are able to do it without the surgery - at least it looks like that to me.

Thank you. Your right I need to give it time as I know I want it all now.