I am in a dilemma now, i am 12weeks and 5days pregnant but ultrasound says i am 13weeks and 3days making my due date to be 1/1/2013 instead of 6/1/2013 if i go by the first day of my last period. I had unprotected  sex with an ex partner between 15th (i used emergency pill on this day) and 26th of march 2012, I then had my period on 1st April for 2-3 days (light period). I met with my main partner on the 7th of April and we had sex on the 7th, 10th and 18th. I am confused with the ultrasound, i could have being pregnant before i had sex with my man. please i need an urgent answer as i am having sleepless nights...... Thanks and God bless.  

I have the same issue

Hi Naomi,

Dating by the ultrasound is an approximation and not an exact science. Everything develops at a different rate.

Using 13 weeks brings you to about March 30. You say you had a light period, maybe from the emergency pill, maybe not. You can have bleeding when pregnant.

The emergency pill does not protect you after you take it, there is no "long term protection."

If you weren't pregnant, In April likely would have ovulated sometime between April 11-16. So you should be showing about 10-11 weeks.

A DNA test may be required.