which is better for weight-loss: "the mediterrean diet" or "the new atkins diet"?

I would always vote for the Mediterranean, because I just like that way of preparing food and the ingredients - for anyone, weight concerned or not - that is a healthy way to eat. But, I don't know anything about "the new Atkins" so my opinion is obviously biased. Could you explain a difference in the "new Atkins" for me? I was against it before, but maybe now it became a good thing?

VEGETABLES (ESPECIALLY LEAFY GREENS) AND FRUIT ARE NOW ALLOWED .. LIMIT IS 20-30 NET CARBS PER DAY .. SO VERY LIMITED STARCHES ARE ALLOWED ("no less than 12-15 grams of the 20 grams of Net Carbs should be in the form of low-glycemic veggies.") .. OBVIOUSLY HIGH FIBER STARCHES ARE ALLOWED. I AM TRYING TO STAY ON ATKINS, BUT I MISS PASTA & FRENCH BREAD. SINCE HAVE REALIZED THAT "CARBS MAKE YOU HUNGRY" (PERSONAL EXPERIENCE) & I AM IN LOVE WITH SO MANY RECIPES ON THEIR WEBSITE, I MAY MAKE IT THRU ATKINS AND NOT SWITCH TO THE MED DIET. SOME ATKINS RECIPES .. Canneloni with Meat and Mushroom Stuffing (USING Soya Powder), Chicken with Lemon and Capers, Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers, Fisherman's Soup.