has anyone tried this diet?

I am on it right now. First you have your labs drawn then they send you your dietary portions customized to yor lab results. There is no milk, very little dairy, no sugar and no bread allowed. Red meat, fish, chicken, and vegetables are the staples of the diet. A specified fruit allowance, and a specified cracker allowance are optional. You are on the diet for 12 weeks, then they do a reintroduction to regular food with you. You can use a specified amount of sugar subtitue. I have been on it a few weeks now, and after 1 week I had people say I looked like my clothes were fitting better. I do not feel like I am losing weight. I am not weighing myself, I do not want to discourage myself. The key to this diet is portion control and carb control.

I have been on this plan for over 7 months- you stay on as long as it takes to lose the weight you need to lose. I had a lot to lose, so I have had to be on it longer. It is a very strict, intense plan... but you DO get used to it and feel great.... and it comes with amazing results.
I have lost 100lbs on this in 7 months. I even cheated quite a bit here and there (I wouldn't recommend it- I would have done much better if not for that!). NOTE: Of course, if you have a lot to lose like me, you lose more quickly at first than someone with only 20 or 40 lbs to lose. That being said, a 20 to 40lb loss could be very doable in 12 weeks on this and I have seen it happen.
It seems to work for all at a very good losing pace if they are really ready to make the commitment and to take it seriously... with only a very, very few who had to try different things like avoiding the meals with dairy or the crackers, etc. Many people (including me) even get spoiled with our good losses while on this plan and we get upset if there isn't a loss for a few days (that's why you shouldn't weigh too often while on this).
In the American, online version you pay $249 for the first 12 weeks and then $179 for each additional 12 weeks until you get to goal... you then get what is called "re-feed" that is tailored to you and introduces larger amounts and more variety back into your diet and you can see what works with your body. Then you are on your own- but they give you guidelines on how to stay at goal that make a lot of sense and work if you keep an eye on things and don't go crazy.
There is a lot of support and information at:
http://s3.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=3480
Feel free to join us!
(No, I don't work for them, but I would if I could because IMO this plan pretty much rocks)

I am thinking about doing this but what is so different from other reduced
calorie diets with little carbs... Does the blood test really tell you what is
better for you to eat? I just don't want to waste money again...

This diet works, I have two cousins, one lost 160 pounds, the other 80 pounds - that was enough to convince me that both my husband and I are going to do the program. My start date was 01/02/08 and so far so good, I'm really leaning towards some of the recipes supplied just to not get bored with eating the same thing over and over.

This is a winner if you follow the plan. There are many people in my circle (here in Seattle) who have had WONDERFUL success. I am doing it know just started two days ago and I'm hyped because I know if I do my part the weight will come off. The hardest part is having children and other family members eating whatever they want when they want. I have not been too hungry. The snacking is what is tough for me so I'm eating the fruit in between or a couple crackers.

The folks I know who lost did not exercise they simply followed the planned and the results have been amazing. I plan to move for at least thirty minutes each day. But this is not required. This will work if you follow the plan and the food options are good - I weighed 171 on my start date and I'm looking to get down to around 135 - 145. I'll keep checking back to hear about the progress of others, it's very encouraging.

I wish everyone success in their journey.

I am seriously thinking about doing this. Can anyone give me an update on their progress.

I have read quite a bit online or should I say tried to find quite a bit about Dr Cohens. However on-one really says or has said what a typical day's eating would look like. I gave up smoking nearly a year back and really only need to shift the 5kg's that I have gained. I am also a full time working mom and so need something easy and that is not going to cost me an arm and a leg. Can anyone give me an example of a day or two's menu please.

I gave up smoking eight months ago and also have only a few kilos to lose. I am also a working mom and it is a bit of work, but it is worth it. This diet really works. If you stick to the program, within 3-4 weeks you will reach your goal weight. I am in week 4 now and have lost 4 kg's. I feel so much better and seeing instant results is very motivating.

I just did my blood test this morning and I am soooo excited!! My sister is a teacher and at the other teachers/school admin. has joined and had so much success so she joined. She told me about it. It is VERY successful. She has been on it for a month. She said everyones diet is tailored on how their blood work is. One of her girlfriends can have Salmon and my sister cannot.
Good luck with all who are on it and all who are going to start.....like me!!

I'm finding them really difficult to find, which is how I came across this forum. Anyone got any contact details for a Uk based practice for 1st personal diet?

I HEARD ABOUT THE COHENS DIET FOR THE FIRST TIME YESTERDAY AND IT SOUNDS GREAT DOSE IT WORK IM ON A PENSION AND CANT AFFORD TO BE RIPED OFF I LIVE IN AUSTRALIA2

Me and my husband just got out bloodwork done on two days ago and so it's all about waiting for the menu now. We are so excited, i work in a pediatric office and one of our mothers is on this and she looks amazing, so I'm really excited. What sold me was she told me the baby pooch actually goes away. I just had a baby 7 months ago and i'm ready for that nasty pooch to be gone forever. My husband gained with me when I got pregnant and I know he'll be happy to loose his baby weight too.

hi everyone, this program works but anyone that has it i ask you to add up the amount of food you eat in calories... you will be surprised just how little you are eating.

i lost 27kgs on it but let me tell you.... if you don't start exercising a lot after finishing the program you will gain it all back unless you can be fairly strict with yourself.

i still eat very healthily and minimally and have put back on about 6kgs in about 6yrs... it is a very low carb diet and i'm afraid you can't eat like this forever and you will gain weight again...

i am faced now with feeling overweight and not being able to lose it unless i get used to gaining weight whilst my body gets used to using carbs again so i can exercise...

so, the diet definitely does work but you cannot sustain it forever and believe me, i am very, very sensible with my food and would literally have to stop eating to lose weight now without exercising - oh, the diet makes your metabolism slow down too... :-( weigh up all the facts, no pun intended and see what you want :-)

I have to disagree. I did this diet before I had my baby (I had him in March) I lost 98 lbs in 7 months - held my weight steady without "starving" myself but eatting sensiably. I am now redoing it since I've gained a few lbs from the pregnancy but I am down 17 lbs in 3 1/2 weeks. Yes you do only eat minimal calories but if you do the refed you should have an issue with your body going nuts afterwards.