Hi there,

is it possible to lose 15 pounds of fat in just 30 days? How to succeed with slow carb diet? Do I need to exercise?

My sister told me about the Tim Ferriss' book „The four hour body“. This book has quite good slow carb diet plan, where you can find recipes, and delicious slow carb meals.

Do I need to drink only water or can I drink some fresh juice?

Do you have any experience? Any of you have lost pounds in just 30 days?

Share your experience here, and let us know does this diet really works.

Thank you!

first you need to know that Tim Ferriss is not a doctor, nutritionist or something like that. He is just an author and blog writer. But probably he has a lot of experience with this diet program, so he knows a lot about these things.

We need to define success. To get this success, you need to eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, to be consistent . Also, define your cheat meal day, the day when you can eat something that you really like.

According to Farriss, you don't need to exercise, but exercise will improve the success of the diet.

Best wishes!

Hello there,

this diet program definitely makes a sense. It can be very helpful to eat the same meals every day, because in these cases, you don't need to think about food every day. Later, it can help us to make healthy food choices.

You need to adjust intake of calories, and eat carbohydrates only when you are exercising. Best time to consume carbs is before an exercise.

People say that you can lose pounds without exercise, but that is not so true.

In this book you can find a lot of tips and advice. Be consistent because that is the only way.

Good luck with this!

A low carb diet basically cuts out all the sugars and flours from your diet, excluding a few like coconut, almond and soy etc...

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Hello there,

Karen, that is true. I know that a low carb diet basically cuts out all the sugars and flour. I need to admit, I didn't know these things about coconut, almond, soy. Thanks a lot!

Do you follow this diet? Do you have any positive experience to share here, with us?

Do you have some nice recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner?

Can we drink coffee and juice or just green tea and water?

Do I really need to exercise every day?

If you have some tips for us as well, feel free to tell us.

Thank you!

Keep posting! 

Hello to all,

thank God I found this discussion. I thought I was all alone with these questions.

Thank you girls for the encouragement. My sister lost near 20 lbs, but my best friend only 5 lbs in five weeks. I was starting to believe that I don't have any chance to lose weight. When I started with my first diet ever a few years ago, I thought it would be so hard giving up the chocolate and flour. It has not been that hard.

Today, I eat only dark chocolate. Is that allowed? I think it is.

Thank you!

Keep posting!

good point girls! Thanks for sharing your experience with me.

I think that you can eat dark chocolate (80% cocoa and even more). Sticking to a way of eating is always hard for me, so this diet might be really hard for me. I am so hungry between my meals, so I think this is the biggest problem for me.

It is nice to know that this diet actually might work!

I hate to exercise, but I will try to do it three times a week. I drink a lot of water and I drink coffee in the morning. I hope that is OK?

Thanks for your words of encouragement!

Best wishes!

Hi everyone,

I also eat dark chocolate – high cocoa content (80 to 90%), low-sugar. So, good old dark chocolate is really that good!

I am glad that I can eat it. The great thing is that slow carb meals can be prepared in under 10 minutes. They taste really good!

There are a lot of groceries that you can eat, so there is no way you can be hungry!

Eggs, cream cheese, butter, Greek yogurt, tuna, chicken, bell peppers, cucumbers, cabbage and more.

You can combine them and make a very good meal!

For me this is the best diet ever!

Do you agree with me?

I must say that I totally agree with you! This is the best diet ever, and it is really healthy! You can eat so many things, so basically, there is no way that you can stay hungry.

I will give to you one recipe that I make almost every morning for my breakfast. It is quick and really delicious. I never get tired of it. It keeps me full! I found it on the internet

Eggs with vegetables friend in coconut oil

You need spinach, vegetable mix (you can buy frozen vegetable mix), some spices, eggs and coconut oil.

I think you know how to prepare it because it is really easy. Heat coconut oil, add vegetables, add eggs, and spices.

Do you like it? 

that is an amazing recipe! This is amazing breakfast for every day – it keeps you full for hours. Did you know that you can eat some low-carb desserts? Yes, desserts are allowed, and you can make it at your own, healthy way.

How about pancakes for dinner? Slow – carb pancakes? Do you have recipe?

Here is my favorite! You need cream cheese, two beaten eggs, spoon of cinnamon, sugar free syrup and butter.

Mash the cream cheese with eggs, and add cinnamon and sugar free syrup. Melt butter. I think you know how to finish the pancakes. I hope you are going to like it.

Enjoy!

Hi girls,

thank you so much for the recipes. If I have to eat these meals during slow carb diet, I think I will be able to lose weight. That makes me happy. It is amazing to know that this diet actually can work. It seems pretty easy. We will see.

These pancakes are simple to make. Maybe I can use strawberry sugar free syrup. I will try tomorrow this recipe for my breakfast. I know I will like it. These pancakes contain eggs, but no what flour or sugar. Cream cheese is the magic in this meal.

Thanks for sharing!