I've cut and pasted this from a different thread so more people have a chance to read this and avoid a scam
I bought the diet today and i'm certain I will not use it or dare put this many calories in my body. It might work for someone who has a lot of weight to lose but I don't think it will work for me (135 pounds).
I haven't tried it yet so I do not know for a fact whether it works or not.
I will tell you everything I have read and seen so far and I know I will not be starting this diet ever because it's just too many calories for me.
It's NOT what they say when they said it's not a low carb diet because it is a low carb diet and it's not as they say about eating at different times and shifting the way you eat around... I'm an id**t for buying this diet! :$

Here is what the id**t proof diet is
Low carb --and we know that's bad for our bodies and bad for our organs and nobody can eat like that forever so even if it works it will be water weight loss and precious muscle tissue!
It is High fat--I never understood this Atkins c**p. You want to lose weight so go eat fat but avoid the carbs...riiiight
It is high calories!!!
I actually entered the calories off one of the days into an online calorie counter out of curiosity to see figuring the calories will total to be the same as on a low calorie diet well I'm shocked at how high the calories are!! I mean I don't want to eat THAT many calories because I will gain weight if I do--the caloric intake for that day would be 3000 Calories!! o.O
Hello if you want to lose 1 pound of fat you have to create a caloric deficit of 3500 calories and if you want to gain one pound of fat you eat 3500 calories so what will I gain if I actually put the foods listed on that day into my body?! Almost 1 pound.

Listen after looking at this program I will gladly cut my loss of 40 dollars and simply go on a low fat calorie reduced diet and lose 10 pounds safely and slowly. I don't need to gamble putting on 10 pounds on what I'm sure is a scam. How come we can't contact anyone there or refund the diet?
Just think before you buy people because I sure feel like an id**t.
Good luck to everyone!

Sorry I had to edit because I originally posted a sample menu from the diet and then thought I better remove that because it might be a copyright problem. I'd love to post a sample menu so you can see for yourselves there is nothing about this diet that makes it worth 40 dollars.
Take your 40 dollars and buy some workout DVDs you'll enjoy like Winsor pilates and buy a diet that helps you make life long changes like the book titled YOU ON A DIET.
Why didn't I just buy that book ..I don't know? I of course wanted a quick fix and the only thing I lost was 40 dollars :'(

The endorsements of this diet sound utterly false, in fact laughable. If any of these people kept the weight off for more than a year or so after I'd be amazed. It is a very unhealthy diet being low carb and high fat similar to the Atkins diet. A healthy and permanent weight loss is 1-2lbs per week. e.g. 20lbs over 3 months. There ia no substitute for a well balanced reduced calorie diet and regular exercise of 30-60 minutes 5 days a week to lose weight and keep it off.
Our body chemistry is optimized when we eat a balanced diet of a variety of foods. The id**t Proof diet is dangerous and a person using it regularly could seriously damage their health.

Sincerely, a UK trained teacher of Human Biology living in Canada

check your e-mailand forward that to the sender.You should get the refund with no question asked Because I have done the same

Everyone that posts on here about it being a fake and such...

You have to remember, with any diet that you go on, they are not meant for long term.

The only way to keep weight off after you diet is to make a lifestyle change.
If after you lose 20 lbs, you go back to eating 3 meals a day at the same time every day, and you eat the same amount of foods that you have always eaten and the same types of foods that you have always eaten, of course you are going to put the weight back on.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing everyday, but expecting different results.

You are insane if you feel that you can go back to exactly what you did before and keep the weight off.

For those of you stating that low carb diets are unhealthy, so is the extra 50 pounds or more that you are carrying around.

No diet is good for you long term. And as far as the little cutie not understanding the atkins c**p about eating fat and no carbs, do your homework.
Not taking in carbs puts your body into a state called ketosis. It causes your body to use stored fat for fuel since you are not taking in carbs for fuel.
I do agree that this is hard on the liver and kidneys long term, but 2-4 weeks of it will not hurt most people, especially since you are losing weight as you do it.

Losing the weight is the biggest gain that you can do for your body.

Again, once you lose it, you MUST start eating the right portions and the right foods and add in an exercise program to keep the weight off.
For most people, walking or jogging 45 minutes to an hour a day, 3 days a week is enough.

But you cannot sit on the couch and eat a bag of potato chips or a quart of ice cream and not do any exercise and then blame the diet for you not keeping the weight off...

What I did not see in this thread was any refutation of the diet's claims that their success is due to varying the kinds of food eaten (presumably tailored to each individual) and eating more meals more often. (They claim that this manipulates hormones.) Most of the comments are along the lines of "I know this can't work because [some conventional wisdom]". Most scientific breakthroughs were opposed by conventional wisdom, so if we want to discredit something, we need to do it on specific evidence and not just on whether it goes against accepted practice. Lets see some bad success statistics or arguments against the mechanisms that they claim.

This is basically a rework of Atkins. Here's a sample menu, each is intended as a meal:

cashews, milk

bacon, turkey

Yum. A plate of cashews and a glass of milk.

In answer to the above, YES, a REAL diet is a lifelong plan, not something you kill yourself to do for two weeks.

The worst part is that they do NOT honor the money-back guarantee. They simply email you diet advice and claim that you didn't follow the diet.

Dishonest scam.

I found the bright-pink book at a book store and tried the diet. I found it effective if you did it right but I could see how it would be disastrous if done wrong. The fist phase basically cuts sugars and starches. If you only eat meat, cheese and nuts I can see how terrible that would be. If you incorporate tomatoes, avocados, and veggies (except potatoes, carrots, and peas), all that you loose is the starch and the sugar.

I went from having to have bread, pasta, potatoes, and sugary treats whenever I saw them to being indifferent. I still like them but didn’t feel denied if I refrained from having them.

In phase two you add all the food you didn’t have in phase one back one at a time. You go back to eating regular food—you just have self-control now. I mean if you had self control before you wouldn’t need to loose weight.

The whole thing stresses the importance of exercise, starting with simple walking and then including some sort of weight program. It also tries to change the way you think about food. You eat because you need food not just because your board, sad, stressed, or celebrating.

I lost weight and inches. I lost about 35 pounds over 5 months. That doesn’t seem unhealthy to me.

I have done the id**t proof diet and it works great. It is very hard to follow but it does work. I agree that it is not for long term use by any means and if you have diebetes it is very unsafe. But for someone who wants to lose weight fast its wonderful. You dont get hungry, except day two, which is fruit only with one sandwich, but it is well worth the money. If you dont lose at least 10 pounds then you did something wrong. My father uses it as well and he is in his fifties. He loses a lot of weight but always gains it back due to only eating one time a day. If you eat small portions, dont stuff yourself and eat at least four small meals a day, you can keep most of the weight off. I am no diet expert, just a mom who wanted to lose 10 pounds and it worked. I would suggest it to any1 as long as you do it short term and dont have diabetes. Also, to the person who said about the carbs are not good blah blah, it works so you actually should try it before you say how its a scam or doesnt work. Shifting the foods is the way they do it and it freaken works! :-D

I have read and re-read the book and have yet to start this diet HOWEVER nowhere can I find the sample menus quoted (milk is forbidden so where cashews and milk came from I can't it) and the fruit and sandwich on day 2? No bread is allowed in the first phase so a bit lost there too...Are we reading the same book?

I have used this diet several times. It does allow milk and other items that some comments said were disallowed. It helps a person to think about what they are eating and takes out most of the bad carbs. Good carbs are allowed. For 11 days you are just manipulating and confusing your body with different balances of carbs and proteins.  I have kept off the weight for a year--gained some back due to stoping smoking and eat more healthy balanced natural foods than before. Alot less chemicals and preservatives.

Anyone who says low carb is not healthy has not done their homework and doesn't even understand how the body works with carbs and insulin and fat.  I haven't tried the diet mentioned here but I did lose 50 lbs on R&D Diet Cookies following a low carb diet over a year ago.  I've kept the weight off and I've stayed on low carb.  I've never felt better and I've never been healthier!

Not to play devil's advocate here but that id**t proof diet is close to being right. A lot of your preconceived notions of how to successfully lose weight and the how to maintain it are false.

Fallacy #1 - Calories are an arbitrary number. You are so hung up on a calorie number that it is stressing you out, and stress leads to weight gain. What you don't know that the best way to create a calorie deficit is to eat more calories. Your body has to work harder to burn more, and if you continuously eat throughout the day your metabolism will run faster.

Fallacy #2 - Eat fat and become fat. This could not be more false. You have been listening to all of the fads that you see on TV and the internet. Eating fat does not make you fat, eating sugar makes you fat. Refined carbohydrates are the enemy. Personally, I eat upwards of 220g of healthy fats every single day. If you keep eating fats instead of carbs, your body will start burning fat for fuel.

Fallacy #3 - Not all Carbohydrates are created equal. Fruits and vegetables do not function in the body the same way that breads and grains do. Once breads and grains get into your body they turn into sugar immediately, and too much of them will lead to what's called 'carb spillover' where the glycogen stores in the body are full causing the excess sugar to spill over into fat stores, thus making you fat. The one thing that you are correct on is that low carb means you won't be storing much water, but you should be drinking water continuously throughout the day regardless. Another thing you can do is increase your sodium intake which will also help you retain water.

I have been at this for 13 years. I too have tried every plan and supplement I can get my hands on. I just finished writing my own 'diet' and it is similar to this one. The problem people have with it is that they have been flooded with incorrect information their whole life and it is clouding their judgement and ability to try something new. I'm walking proof that a plan close to this will work, you just have to get it through your head first.

I dont believe in any of the slimmimg foods ,they are just to get peoples money .
Anyone can loose weight if they are truthfull and stick to low fat ,low sugar foods .No adding sugar keep to non added sugar juices ,have you seen how much sugar is in fruit juices?
GO WITH FLORA EXTRA LIGHT AND IRISH PROBIOTIC YOGHURTS ,drink more water and eat fruits go for foods with no more than 1.5g of sugar and fat and in a month you will see a difference

Low fat is definitely NOT the way to go. I would strongly recommend eating a diet that is rich in healthy fats to the point where you should be eating it every time you sit down to eat. Yogurt is also not that great of a solution as it typically is loaded with sugar and there are people in this world that can't eat dairy. I will agree, fruit juices, and especially orange juice might as well be labeled bottle of sugar water with fruit flavor.

One other thing to note about drinking water. Yes, drink it early, drink it often but know this. If you are on a diet that is high in carbohydrates your body is going to retain more water, this is why body builders look huge at times. If you are trying to slim down, you have to drink more than normal as the lack of carbohydrates in your system prevents you from storing water. One way to balance that is to increase your sodium intake while on a weight loss plan to make sure that you stay hydrated. Not only will you shed pounds but you will keep it off in the months to follow.