So I'm a 23 year old female and I've been using using the pull out method for 7 years and I have never once gotten pregnant. Not that I'm trying to get preganant. I guess I'm just a risk taker. But nonetheless I kind of find this odd because in most cases this method results in pregnancy. Could there be something wrong with me or the 3 guys I've been with just did right all those years?

Hi Guest

I supose there can be a chance theres something going on with you but the pull out method is 70% effective so 30 women out of 100 will get pregnant in a year but you could also be perfectly fine and worrying over nothing. Just give it some time and you'll see a positive pregnancy test! If you want you can get cheap ovulation tests off the internet that tells you when is best to have sex to get pregnant. Ive been trying to get pregnant for almost 9months now.

Good luck!

The poster specifically stated she's not trying to get pregnant!

Anyway yeah I would agree it is strange although if you're not trying to get pregnant, why not just use birth control?
If you're worried, you can get fertility tests.

I would use birth control but it makes me crazy angery. I've tried a couple different ones too and it just doesn't work for me so yeah condoms would be the best method for me, but since I stay with the same person for so long its not really an issue weather we use them or not (well not time) I've currently been with my current bf for a year and 4 months now. So we will just have see where life takes us.

I was just a little concerned because I've asked my gyno if there's a way to tell if I am in fact I am sterile due to my battle with anorexia for 9 years. She said there's no way to tell till I try. Which I think is bull and she just said that because I ask when I was 18 and why the hell would I want to be pregnant then I just don't want to be disappointed later in life when I actually try to have kids I rather get that out of the moarn now than later so I can consider other options. (I'm a bit of planner)