Hi there...I've been feeling a little weird the past couple weeks. Me and my boyfriend do not use condoms...he always pulls out... he said that one night he came just as he was almost all the way out... could that possible cause pregnancy? If he gets it on me and goes back in could I get pregnant?

Hi Curious,

Yes, you can get pregnant.  He doesn't even have to ejaculate in you.  His precum can contain sperm, especially if he has recently ejaculated.

If he ejaculates and then puts his penis in it is guaranteed that sperm will get into your vagina.  He can't clean the inside of his urethra no matter how much he wipes himself off.

He may not even know he has precum.

The pull-out method is NOT a reliable form of birth control.

Be careful!!!

Hi medic-dan,

So...I've heard of precum but would you care to explain a little further? And what if he cums right next to my vag...? He said he didn't quite pull out in time and I could feel it on me..:/ not a turn on... what do you think my chances off getting pregnant from that are? High..low..? What?

We can't predict chances but sperm needs to get INTO your vagina, not just next to it.

Precum is a fluid released before ejaculation. It cleans and neutralizes any acidity in the urethra to benefit the longevity of sperm. It also acts as a lubricant. Many men don't even know that they release precum.

The problem is, any sperm in the urethra, would get "flushed" into your vagina.

Also, men can "leak" before they ejaculate.