Hello. I'm 15, and Im 4 days late on my period. My boyfriend and I recently started having sex in the past month. We have sex almost everyday. Within the past month, I also started school. I heard change in schedule, stress, and illness can cause a delay. About a week ago, I got a bladder infection, so I started taking a pill for it. Everytime we've had sex, it's been unprotected, but he pulls out when he cums. He's only came three times, all of which he obviously pulled out on time. I was wondering if it could be a combination of me starting school, me having constant sex, the medication I'm on, and also me stressing about being pregnant thats delaying my period. I also always have irregular periods. I have plans for my future and a child is not in them. Please tell me I'm not pregnant.

Hi Help,

Yes, stress and illness (bladder infection) can cause you to be late.

Are you pregnant?  You could take a pregnancy test.  Ideally, you would wait 2-3 weeks after having sex before testing.

FYI, the pull-out method is VERY UNRELIABLE.  It is NOT a form of birth control.  While your partner may pull out before ejaculating he may have pre-cum.  It can contain sperm.  If you are going to be sexually active one or both of you need to use some form of birth control.

Good luck.

Thank you. But, by any chance, do you think the chances of me being pregnant are high?

It really depends on him.

I would say the odds are good. I don't know about "high." Remember, it only takes ONE sperm.

Be careful.