I am a 37 year old female who would like to have a baby soon bit with the right partner, which I haven't found yet
last night I did something very unwise and had unprotected sex with a guy I've been seeing
he did not ejaculate inside me but still I am scared I might be pregnant and I know he would not want a child and I surely don't want to have one alone. So my question is do you think it would be wise to take the morning after pill?
I want to have a baby with the tight man very soon so I don't want to do anything which could harm my ability to have a healthy child in the near future due to my age
I'm suppose to get my period in 8 days

another thing is I have only one overie

so I'd like to know if taking the morning after pill would be wise or not

thanks Pam

The only way you can be sure about this decision is to call your gynecologist, but the following statement may help you decide:

"The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), World Health Organization (WHO), Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG), and other experts on emergency contraception state that there are no medical conditions in which progestin-only emergency contraceptive pills (such as "Plan B" or "Next Choice") are contraindicated."

So, according to those organizations and experts the answer is - it should be safe for you (or anyone).

Just remember - for maximum effectiveness the Plan B should be taken as soon as possible (within 12 hours), but at least within the 72 hour (3 day) window. There is evidence though that there is some effectiveness even after the 72 hours (as late as 5 days).