We are watching 3 nodules on my left thyroid. If no change will have ultrasound in a year. OK, that came out OK but they see another growth, maybe a lymph node behind my thryroid now. Parathyroid tested ok w/PTH and Calcium blood test. Doc now wants to remove thyroid w/nodules to do a biopsy on the growth. If growth is benign, surgery will be over and I will not have my left thyroid. If not benign he will remove the right thyroid also. My thyroid is fine other than the nodules which have not changed in 6 months. Isn't there a way to keep my thyroid and do a biopsy on the growth behind it and also find out what it is?

what do you thing/my thryoid is fine other than the nodules wwhich have not changed in 6 months.  isn't there a way to keep my thyroid and do a biposy on the growth behind it and also find out what it is.