I have been experiencing tingling sensation in my tongue for the past few days. Also, I have noticed that my throat is red. I know that I should go to my doctor, but what do you think is my condition? Is it just cold?

Yes, you should go to your doctor before something complicates. I am not saying that it will. I just want you to know that it is much better to treat some conditions when they are discovered. I can not tell you what your case is. However, I can give you some information. If there are no other symptoms accompanying your red throat, then this is not a sign of anything serious. This can only be a reaction to acid reflux. This happens when stomach acid sneaks up past the esophagus, especially while you sleep. Also, some allergy or other inflammation of the throat can cause red throat. Don't worry about it too much because red throat without soreness will generally go away. However, it is always better to be examined and to know for sure. I hope that I have been helpful with this information.