Hi! For the last month I have been having problems with frequent urination. It never burnt or anything but I did get reduced flow or inability to start urinating. However, I would always notice it after sex, so I wouldn’t pay much attention to it because it was always like that. However, for the last few days I noticed there was blood in my urine. I am starting to panic and my friend said that it could be UTI. I am not medically insured, so I wouldn’t want to go if it’s not necessarily UTI. The reason I am postponing it is that I had a prolonged flu and I always thought that frequent urination was caused by this flu but now when the blood appeared, I am not so sure anymore. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks

I think you need to do urinalyses and check for bacterial infections or STDs. Bacterial infections are not something one should play with as they may progress and cause bad complications. Blood in the urine is an indicator that there’s an infection going on. Depending on when the blood starts flowing, one could tell if the infection’s in the bladder, kidneys or urethra. If the blood appears immediately after starting with urination, then the infection is in the urethra but if the blood appears later it is indicating that the infection is either in the kidneys or ureters. No doubt should you have this checked.