Hi, I had a very unpleasant experience today. I was on my way to work when it happened. My legs froze in the street, so I couldn't move. I mean, I felt like my legs were cemented to the ground. It was very disturbing. Somehow I managed to continue walking, but I am very worried about this. I keep thinking about what might have happened if my legs froze while I was crossing the street. Is this a sign of some kind of medical condition? Should I talk to a doctor about it?

Hi, I can understand how scared you were when this happened to you. Especially, since you never had this experience before. The reason why your legs froze in the street is muscle stiffness. There are some medical conditions that cause this to happen. The problem occurs in the communication between the brain and the muscles. The muscles don't get the message to relax and they find themselves in a state of constant contraction. This state disables you to move the affected muscles and because of this you froze in the street. You should talk to a doctor as soon as possible. One of the conditions that can be a cause of the muscle stiffness is Parkinson's disease. When it comes to treatment of this illness, it is very important that the diagnosis is made at the early stage of the condition.