Hi, my hearing is worsening and my ears are clogged. It is scary because I don’t know why is this happening. Is it possible that muscular tightness in my neck caused this condition?

Yes, it happened to my sister. She was studying every day in the same position, for many hours. Her muscles became tighten and stiff and she couldn’t move her neck and shoulders. Few days later, she started loosing her hearing and her ears became clogged. She was trying to clean them, but it didn’t help because this wasn’t the underlying problem. Muscular tension was a reason why her ears were clogged. I heard of some more cases when people had clogged ears because of the muscle stiffness, for example from playing Nintendo. Another cause for this condition can be a high blood pressure. Some kinds of food that increase blood pressure, like foods high in saturated fat and salt, are responsible for clogged ears.

Hi, I think I have the same problem. I'd been sleeping with a very hard pillow, and now have clogged ears and hearing loss.

How did your sister treat this problem? Did nasal sprays or decongestants help?