Hi, every year my home town holds a street fight contest. I have been a regular visitor for the last five years. Every time it is better. Man, you should only see the way those guys fight. They made me make a decision. I will start training street fighting. Can you suggest some good style?

Hi, it is always good for me to hear that people get more involved in martial arts. Even though the fighting was the thing that made you decide you want to train martial arts, I am still pleased to hear it. I have been training karate for many years. Also I am familiar with a lot of others martial arts. The best ones, for me, are: Brazilian jiu-jitsu, kajukenbo, vale tudo and shotokan. They can be applied as styles of street fighting. All of them are very effective and also have teachings of the proper breathing and develop strength and stamina. But I must warn you that it will take you a lot of time to develop the skills of such martial arts. Therefore, before you compete in any street fighting competition, you must conquer the skills of at least one of these martial arts.