I have felt like I have had the flu for a year. My doctor has run multiple
blood test on me and nothing has come up. My muscles ache and feel
stiff even when I first wake up in the morning, im only 38 years old.

Health Advisor
Your doctor should certainly consider fybromyalgia. It is a disorder in which the whole body aches, muscles, ligaments, tendons and no apparent can be found.
It usually occurs after a flue when the whole body aches and you feel constantly tired. This feeling persists. Fybromyalgia may include a variety of symptoms like muscle burning, twitching, being overworked, etc
This disorder may affect people at any age and are more common in females than in males.
Many other symptoms may occur along with fybromyalgia including sleeping problems, problems with jaw pain, irritable bowel syndrome, constant headaches, and can be aggravated by stress, hormonal changes, weather changes, etc
Symptoms may be manageable but will always be present at some level.

i have alot of these problems also and ive been searching this site trying to figure out whats going on, this seems to make more sense, but im hopeing its not what it is, i have a friend who suffers from it, she is always in alot of pain :-( doesnt seem fun.

Yeah hi. im only 16 and these symptoms seem to apply to me also. Each day i wake up these muscle pains are the first to greet me. I notice that exercise helps to reduce the effects.

Start Stretching every day, Like when you wake up after a while you shouldn't have sore muscles

;-) I have had these 'symptoms' since I had my son 10 years ago....I am incredibily stiff most mornings and also if I sit for any period of time - I get up and ouch! I have to walk it off and people wonder what is wrong. I am also fatigued. Here is what I do to remain active...EXERCISE first thing....it is hard but it makes the rest of the day go better. I do yoga and stretching and of course weight bearing exercises. I am in shape and do not like the horrible stiffness from HEAD to TOE but it is manageable and exercise minimizes it. Good luck!

Obviously your body is still growing at sixteen, and those are "growing pains".

I have a similar issue. I began to get stiff (everyplace) at about 20. I am now 43. I have been to doctors 3 times to find out what is wrong. I have been checked for all sorts of things and the last time they found I have lumbar spinal stenosis which may explain why I can barely reach my shoe laces ( When sitting I have to pull very hard on my pant leg to get my ankle on top of the other knee. When I push it off it off it snaps away like it is spring loaded. ), twist around to look behind me to back the car up and stuff like that. It does not make since to me that this also would prevent me from make the scout sign with my hand (my thumb can barely touch my pinky, let alone cover it to pin it against my hand), twist my neck or put my hands behind my back. If I ever got arrested I think they would have to tear something to put me in cuffs behind my back. Basically it is like every muscle and tendon (especially tendons) 80% as long as they should be and have been slowly shrinking all my life. My legs are sore most of the time. Motrin and other silmiliar things help w lot but I don't like to take pills too often because I want to have a liver later. Anyone else have this problem?  

I'm 21 an I'V had  upper and middle back pain for a month now.  I  am also very stiff when i wake up in the moring. my feet hurt so bad when i wake up i can hardly stand for then to touch the floor. a 21 year old its not supposed to feel this way i feel like i'm 60.my local dr's wont help me. i need advice 

im 16 and i ALWAYS feel like im sick, and tired. My back always hurts everyplace especially along the spine area. I tried everything excersize  but it only made me more stiff. I have back spasms where my back will hurt so much i am not able to move it and its really annoying because i am never able to do the things i want to. ANy help at all is greatly appreciated. And dont tell me to go to the doctors because i already have.

I have had the same thing, stiff sore muscles it started after my daughter was born. It turned out to be my Thyroid. With medication armour thyroid it has gotten a lot better some days especially around my period I hurt like hell but most days it is a lot better since starting the medicine. I suggest anyone who has all over muscle pain get their thyroid tested. Ask what your level is if they say everything is fine, anything over 2 means your Thyroid is off some doctors still go by the level 5 but the American endocrinology society change the level from 5 to 2 years ago but some docs or blood labs have not caught up They let me suffer for 2 years while my level climbed and did not treat until it went over 5. Being close to menopause will make your muscles hurt too. so if your hypothyroid and perimenopausal or going through menopause progesterone cream came help alot too.

Me to. My body hurts all the time, like i have no energy. I also have arthitis.

EXERCISE HELPS!

YOU HAVE TO STRETCH YOUR MUSCLES EVERY DAY

GOOD LUCK

The flu for a year?  Muscle aches, head problems, depression, extremely sore when you wake up, night sweats....I had all of these.  I went to over 30 different specialists and none had an answer except for a few who said we might never find what's wrong (nice).  ALL of my tests came back fine and I got sick of the doctors saying "you're in great shape".  It turned out I was working in an office area that had mold and possibly other toxins in it.  After being out for over a week going to doctors appts, I found the first day back my symptoms came on stronger.  I was there 10 more months trying to live with it by staying out at other places as long as I could but could never shake it.  I finally quit after being there over 7 years.  It took two weeks for my muscles and head to get better.  After a month, I couldn't believe what a difference I felt....almost back to normal.  You may not be able to smell mold even though the toxins in the air affect your muscles so much.  My advice to you is to change either where you work or where you live if you don't know where the problem is.  Stay in a hotel (a clean, mold free hotel) for a couple weeks and see if your symptoms start to clear.  In my case, there was a flood in my work's basement three years prior.  In six months (after working there five years without a problem) I started out with Vertigo, then my muscles started hurting.  Bottom Line:  You're breathing toxins in one of the places you're spending your most part of your life....home or workplace.

I have very simular problems. How do you know how much Armor Thyroid to take?

these could be symptoms of vitamin D deficiency. especially if you live in the norther parts of the country or you use lots of sunblock when going outside. you should ask you doctor to test for that. it's a simple blood test.